HELP AND ADVICE FOR HAIR TRANSPLANT

zak786

Hi

I have never posted on a forum and this is my first time on a forum. 

Im a 30 year old male, my hair loss started 5 years ago and now i’m close to a norwood 6. 

My donor area is not the best, so i want to avoid all possible problems that could occur. 

I would like some advice please and for you guys to share some knowledge. 

1. Who are the best surgeons in Turkey?

2: Any general advice?

3. Are there any other surgeons in any country that can guarantee results? 

4. Can you please recommend who are the best surgeons?

5. What mistakes can i avoid?

6. does PRP work?

7. Does anyone know about exosome therapy? 

8.Any other relevant information please do share. 

Thank you.

No surgery is guaranteed, even the best surgeons have average and below average, all you can do is go to a consistent doctor/clinic that puts up good results.

Some of the doctors that you can consider in Turkey are Asmed, Demirsoy, Cinik, Kaan, HLC clinic and many others but these are the most consistent I would say. Also there are doctors like Bisanga and Feriduni that are in Europe that are producing good results. At the end of the day you have to do your research and look at results posted by patients on the forum and make your own decision.

I would advise you to send your pictures to many doctors so you can have a general idea if you are suitable for a hair transplant and how many grafts you need etc take your time and don't rush into the surgery. 

IMO PRP is a waste of money, it doesn't really do anything on it's own especially if you are a nw6. Iv never heard of the exosome therapy so I can't really comment on it.

• Like 1

Hi Abi28

firstly thank you very much for your reply and advise very much appreciated. 

i actually thought alot of forums are not real and there just a scam etc etc.... hence why i have never been on forums. For me to post on a forum was something new and now i understand how it can help and it is genuine.

I totally understand what you are saying but how do i believe if them results are real? Alot of people say results on website and reviews are not genuine what do you think?

These clinics you have mentioned are the ones that i was thinking about, especially Asmed dr Koray Erdogan. 

Bisanga is another doctor i am interested in and luckily he’s coming to the UK for consultations so i’m going to try my hardest to meet him. 

I have done quite a bit of research and would you recommend forums? And which ones? 

Thank you once again for all your help and advice. 

No problem! I would recommend this forum that you are on, results on this forum are real, use the search bar on top and just type doctors names etc look at posts of patients with real pictures, there are a lot of posts of dcotors like Asmed, Demirsoy, Bisanga and others, consider HLC clinic also it's prob the best clinic in Turkey right now. Good luck with your search.

Thats brilliant thank you and now honestly i do have faith in forums. Thanks i will use that search bar! 

HLC has been coming up quite a bit and i was considering it but after your help i will look into it alot further.

I have a belief that in life you get what you pay for, i was reluctant to go to Turkey because of the cheap prices etc but then again they are a much cheaper country. Alot of people have recommended Turkey so i am really tempted and i will look into HLC especially if they are the best.

Thanks again! 

Thats brilliant thank you and now honestly i do have faith in forums. Thanks i will use that search bar! 

HLC has been coming up quite a bit and i was considering it but after your help i will look into it alot further.

I have a belief that in life you get what you pay for, i was reluctant to go to Turkey because of the cheap prices etc but then again they are a much cheaper country. Alot of people have recommended Turkey so i am really tempted and i will look into HLC especially if they are the best.

Thanks again! 

Another question i would like to ask is what are your thoughts on Dr Coen Gho?

Apparently he’s one of the best surgeons in the world with a technique that grows your hair back in the donor area. 

Do you have any information on this or know about him.

@zak786 to answer your questions:

1. The best surgeons in Turkey are Dr. Keser (3.5€/graft) and then Dr. Pekiner (2.15€/graft). The best clinic is HLC Ankara (2.7€/graft) but they have 6 doctors and you don’t know which will be doing your surgery to check the results he is achieving.

2. Cinik is a all inclusive clinic where surgeries are performed by technicians. ASMED is also a clinic where your surgery will be performed by technicians and their latest results have not been good. My advise to you is to stay clear of Turkish all inclusive clinics and focus on doing a surgery where the doctor is controlling  every stage. Demirsoy (1.25€/graft) is a better alternative than Cinik or Asmed because he only has 1 patient per day but he does use techs for implanting (with his supervision) which for me is a no-go.

3. There are several doctors that offer a growth guarantee. I read that Dr. Bruno Ferreira (2.5€/graft) guarantees 90% growth. He also works at Dr. Lorenzo (one of the best in the world) clinic in Madrid but there you will pay 5€/graft.

4. Best in the world for me would be Raymond Konior and Juan Couto but be prepared for a 2 year wait list and much higher prices. 

5. You’re young so don’t be greedy and plan for progressive hairloss (leave donor area for a second HT). 

6. There is no scientific evidence to support that PRP has any effect. 

7. Dunno

8. Go the Italian, Spanish and Turkish forums to check results posted by patients. I decided to pay more to have a surgery totally performed by a Doctor doing a maximum 2000 grafts per day using either DHI or stick&place, so far so good.

Edited by Portugal25

10 minutes ago, zak786 said:

Another question i would like to ask is what are your thoughts on Dr Coen Gho?

Apparently he’s one of the best surgeons in the world with a technique that grows your hair back in the donor area. 

Do you have any information on this or know about him.

Never heard of him and it's impossible to grow hair back in the donor, don't fall for it.. unless he does hair cloning which is not even realistic at this moment.

2 minutes ago, Abi28 said:

Never heard of him and it's impossible to grow hair back in the donor, don't fall for it.. unless he does hair cloning which is not even realistic at this moment.

A part of the hair can regrow on donor if the doc make a partial transection.
Lapanzula does

Hi Portugal25 

Thank you for your reply.

What clinics do Dr Kesar and Dr Pekiner work in? I have come across these names on this forum.  

HLC are being recommended alot so will look into them. 
Can you please tell me what Dr to get the surgery done from at HLC?

Im glad you have mentioned this and this something i want to stay away from!!! I want the main surgeon to do my transplant so eg if i choose Asmed then dr Koray Erdogan and im happy to more.

Where is dr Bruno located?

What makes the best transplant surgeon? 

How do you choose a surgeon? 

Wow i did not know the wait will be that long! I have waited all these years for my hair to just slowly go and now that my hair is literally finished i just want to get the transplant done. I want to make sure i go to the right person and hopefully get a decent result. 

I am very indecisive and choosing a surgeon etc etc is the hardest decision to make and im just so confused and the proof of that is this forum and me posting on a forum!

My hair loss is at a point where its pretty much gone. Im not sure if i will have enough donor area for a second transplant! 

Who done your hair transplant? Thats what i will do pay extra for the surgeon to do. 

Thank you. 

He has a different technique HSI something to do with hair stem cells. He cuts the hair in a way and it grows back in the donor area. 

What is the situation with hair cloning? Do you think this will exist?

@zak786 Keser, Pekiner have their own private clinic in Ankara. 
You can check my results thread of my HT with Dr. Pekiner to see the YouTube link with the walkthrough I did of the clinic on my 3rd day of surgery. 
Pekiner started working with Keser and then worked for 7 years with HLC. 

At HLC the most experienced doctor is Dr. Akin and ofcourse the founder Dr. Ozgur.

I have been told that nowadays at ASMED the most you will get from Koray is a handshake if he’s there on the day of your surgery. 

@Dr. Bruno Ferreira has his own practice in Porto/Portugal. 

The best surgeons are the ones putting out consistently amazing results regardless of their technique. DHI with Lion Implantor Pens are the new technique but you can go to average doctor using DHI and get a bad result while a good doctor can give you a great result with any technique.

I searched for Doctors that only had 1 patient per day, were doing the whole surgery, had great patient results in the forums and experience with beard grafts.
Then I had to narrow down my list because I had a budget of around 2€/graft and at that price it’s almost impossible to get my requirements. 
The cheapest I found that met those requirements were Dr. Pekiner (doing stick&place) and Dr. Bruno (doing DHI with Lion Implantor Pens). 
I chose Dr. Pekiner because he was cheaper than Dr. Bruno and had more experience with beard mega sessions (that I desperately needed). 

Edited by Portugal25