Need Suggestions (pls. see attached pics)

Dear Members,

I am very new to these forums. I have been reading these forums to get a understanding of HT. I am attaching few of my pics and would greatly appreciate your suggestions on what are my best options? Which surgeons shall I try in NJ/NY area? How much it might cost (approximate) to get a decent hairline based on my pics? Are there any financing options available? How does it work?

I would greatly appreciate your suggestions in this matter.

Regards,

HT2.thumb.JPG.355896faaf67b98ac4beddb116ab6005.JPG

Start off by reading as much information about hair transplants as possible. Either visit a few reputable clinics or send photos via e-mail to several good physicians. Here what they suggest as your options. This is an important decision. You should not limit yourself to local doctors. Most high quality hair restoration clinics offer reimbursement for travel expenses so the procedure will not cost you anymore than having procedure done close to home. Most clinics do have financing options available. From the one photo you posted it is hard to determine the quality of your donor hair. If it is good, I would recommend anywhere from 2000-3500 follicular unit grafts depending on your budget and how far back from the hairline you wish to go.

if i were you i'd definitely go with Dr. Hasson in Vancouver Canada, no ifs ands or buts.

spend few months researching this forum and you might come to same conclusion as my suggestion suggested. did last part of the sentence made any sense at all???

also as many grafts as you can afford the better. i suggest around 5K+ grafts in one session (with strong possibility of second session) with Hasson from H&W with plenty of scalp exercises.

i'd guess financing is available for 95% of the top clinics and your ~5K procedure would cost you around $20K (canadian) but probibly even less.

Guys,

I met Dr. Herbert Feinberg today (my first consultation) and he said I have pretty good donor hairs. He recommended 2 to 3 sessions with 1500 - 2000 grafts per session. His charges are based on sessions rather then grafts. $5,000 + 6% tax per session. Suggestions pls.

No. You'd be doing yourself a gross injustice to undergo so many *needless* surgeries, risks, and all that is entailed in it.

I totally agree w/ GQ -- I woulda said you need 4k+...but the reality is that you should shoot for as many as you can get.

The guys doing the bigger sessions thankfully happen to have the biggest skillz, so it's to your express benefit on both counts to shoot for a good # of grafts.

Only you can weigh how vital the $-factor is. If you do compromise and make $ a primary factor, do not let the $ effect your clinic of choice (vs. # of grafts)....I would still go for an absolute bare minimum of 3k...could target your frontal 1/3rd, maybe taper it back a bit.

Keep researching; figure out what your goals are and how to best *realistically* achieve them.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Welcome,

looks like you have things rolling, my advice is similar to the advice above, RESEARCH RESEARCH, Pick 5 of the top Docs and consult with them all ( you can do this all online via telephone also) Only consult with the Docs on this site they are some of the best in the world.. After you consult with 5 of them, narrow it down to a few and RESEARCH the heck out of them, look at pics on here, request pics,talk to people on here who have had procedures with them, and just as important talk to the people who have had procedures elsewhere and see what there thoughts are on the DR's you have narrowed it down to. After that, RESEARCH some more! When you go to have your procedure you should feel 110% comfortable with no doubts! Don't make travel and cost an issue, if you sacrifice the quality of the Dr. due to cost you will be traveling to see one of the top Dr's down the road to repair the sub-par work. Here is a quick list of Dr's to take a look at along with the Dr. you have already consulted with. Dr. Feller in New York, Dr Ron Shapiro in Minnesota, Hasson & Wong in Vancouver, Dr Konior in Chicago, Dr. Rahal in Canada.. Also there are quite a few great Dr's that are held in high regard on this site that i did not mention, The ones from above are just the ones i researched and see a lot of great work from! Best of luck to you! you are in the right place no one here will push you in the wrong direction! And you want the first session to take care of the majority of what you need (if you can get one then done great) I am having my first procedure 6/29/2009 and hoping to have a large session, after that i plan on taking a look at where i am at a year after and talking to my Doc again to see what his thoughts are on a second procedure.

World Class HT-Dr. Ron Shapiro 6/29/2009 4792 FU Total Hairs-9731

Hello Tos7581 - Thank you for your advice. I will do more and more research. Will consult with few docs and post their suggestions. You guys are very encouraging. This is a great place to learn about HT.

I met Dr. Herbert Feinberg today (my first consultation) and he said I have pretty good donor hairs. He recommended 2 to 3 sessions with 1500 - 2000 grafts per session. His charges are based on sessions rather then grafts. $5,000 + 6% tax per session. Suggestions pls.

cross him off your list ASAP

Dr. Herbert Feinberg? Yet another coalition doctor i have never noticed!

Listen to the guys on here,multiple sessions of 1500-2000 is going to do nothing but drain your wallet and make you have massive amounts of hiding time.

1500 then a years wait

1500 then a years wait

1500 then a years wait

and you still might look thin and balding.

I think Feinberg is just recco'd -- not Coalition. Also, he has a strong preference for sessions sub-1500 for reasons of yield and scarring.

-----------

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

I would recommend Dr. True in NY. i had 3 procedures with him and could not be happier. As far as graft count well over 5000 for a complete restoration.

With that being said you need to speak to a qualified doctor to obtain real life information based on your situation

you could probably do 2 sessions of 2500 or so but it depends on your donor area ( and wallet)

I had 3 procedures but of course if I could do it over i would go for 1 or 2 surgeries if possible ( money was also a factor for me to do 3)

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I didn't finalize on Dr. Herbert Feinberg, I just went to get an idea of my situation - some where to begin with.

vincehair - I am 35 years old.

I'll consult more recommended docs to get an idea and will post their suggestions. Does anyone know if there are any side effects of HT procedure? and what is the success rate for this kind of procedure?

Also, cost is a factor I have to consider - I don't have the kind of money required for these procedures. I don't understand one more thing, why is this procedure so cheap in India (25 Indian Rupees per graft. 25 INR = $0.5 Approximately) compared to USA.

http://www.goodbyehairloss.com/cost.htm

Anyone has experience doing the procedure in India - Is it worth it? Any catch?

RMrthy, I was in India last year and was contemplating on getting HT done there, due to cost reasons mostly. I did some research there but was not quite convinced of getting a successful outcome. I eventually decided to go with Dr. Feller (NY). I have my procedure on the 2nd of July. If you live in NY/NJ, you can look at my outcome and make a decision. India has many talented surgeons, but HT might still be relatively new. I chose Dr. Feller because he has been in the profession for a long time, has delivered excellent results (based on pictures I saw) , he is close-by, easy to talk to, and his practice is only devoted to HT. The comfort factor is very important during the long healing process. Yes, I am nervous too, but at-least I have the satisfaction of knowing that I chose the right doctor to avoid any mess-ups! I agree with you that it is expensive and you might need to factor that too.

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by RMrthy:

I didn't finalize on Dr. Herbert Feinberg, I just went to get an idea of my situation - some where to begin with.

vincehair - I am 35 years old.

I'll consult more recommended docs to get an idea and will post their suggestions. Does anyone know if there are any side effects of HT procedure? and what is the success rate for this kind of procedure?

Hey there~ who did you end up going with? I went to a consultation with Dr. Feinberg today and he told me pretty much the same thing. $5000+6% tax per session, but that I only needed one session, then possibly another in a year or two depending on how the hair grows out. Were you able to find the right physician for yourself?

Cuharv,

I don't think the OP is around anymore, though I don't believe he went with Feinberg.

How many grafts did he recco to you? How advanced is your balding? I'd post a pic or two if you can.

-----------