Stopping Minoxidil Weeks Prior A Hair transplant

I have a worry. My hair transplant is due very soon & my surgeon has asked me to stop using minoxidil 2 weeks prior to surgery. I'm worried because when I do, the hairs obviously shrink, making it look less dense. 

This is only a worry cause I want minimal damage to the native hairs around the transplanted ones. I know that the surgeon will be using a microscope when conducting the procedure and would have the ability to see the hairs, but what is the primary logic behind it?.. if the hairs are still there, why should I need to halt my minox regimin?

Edited by Guano

As a fellow minox user I researched this a little. Different clinics have different advice on this. Some ask their patients to quit anywhere Between a few weeks or even until the day before the procedure. Of course you’re going to have to stop it post op for at least a week as your skin heals.

if you trust your doc enough to do surgery with them then id follow their advice as they have more experience regarding this.

6 hours ago, Guano said:

I have a worry. My hair transplant is due very soon & my surgeon has asked me to stop using minoxidil 2 weeks prior to surgery. I'm worried because when I do, the hairs obviously shrink, making it look less dense. 

This is only a worry cause I want minimal damage to the native hairs around the transplanted ones. I know that the surgeon will be using a microscope when conducting the procedure and would have the ability to see the hairs, but what is the primary logic behind it?.. if the hairs are still there, why should I need to halt my minox regimin?

What did you decide? Pekiner or Demisory?

3 hours ago, LonelyGraft said:

As a fellow minox user I researched this a little. Different clinics have different advice on this. Some ask their patients to quit anywhere Between a few weeks or even until the day before the procedure. Of course you’re going to have to stop it post op for at least a week as your skin heals.

if you trust your doc enough to do surgery with them then id follow their advice as they have more experience regarding this.

He would know more than me thats for sure! I'll just stick to what he says.. 

2 hours ago, Egy said:

@Guano minoxidil is a dilator vessel, your doctor asked you to stop the abuse of minox just to avoid making yourself bleed so much during the procedure so do what he told you.

That makes sense why he would ask.. But again would he still be able to see my natives regardless? 

14 minutes ago, Guano said:

That makes sense why he would ask.. But again would he still be able to see my natives regardless? 

the fall induced due to the suspension of minoxidil I don't think it happens in just 15 days, so I think you are not worried about whether the doctor will be able to see your natives

@duchaine the Italian consultant of Dr. Pekiner is very prepared and competent, almost as much as some doctors and perhaps even more than someone, the thing that I don’ like  is that he is moderator of a forum that for me  is not a forum, so I would trust  100% of what he says, also because I think that after so many years with a doctor, you have some experience, so if I can advise you, when you will be in Ankara in front of the doctor and his answers will not make him satisfied, you can always say  "no thanks" and go back.  
This is what I would do for you.

Edited by Egy