How long until the surgery is not noticeable?

So I am thinking of getting and FUE Hair Transplant sometime in the next year. My question is, how long until the donor area looks normal(ish) again? As well as the redness of the transplant area? Asking because I plan on taking time off work and am curious how long this process takes. I'm sure it various for everyone, just looking to get a general idea. Thank you. 

The lighter your skin the longer it will take, darker skin will usually look normal after 2-3 weeks.

I have light skin and donor was normal after 3 weeks, recipient is still reddish at 6 weeks. 

It can take 2-3 months up to 6 months (rarely) for it to disappear completely.

Depending on the length of your hair it could take months before the donor area looks normal.

Edited by Dazed

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

On 12/17/2019 at 9:55 AM, IronGymmer said:

The lighter your skin the longer it will take, darker skin will usually look normal after 2-3 weeks.

I have light skin and donor was normal after 3 weeks, recipient is still reddish at 6 weeks. 

It can take 2-3 months up to 6 months (rarely) for it to disappear completely.

True

On 12/16/2019 at 10:37 PM, efbb88 said:

So I am thinking of getting and FUE Hair Transplant sometime in the next year. My question is, how long until the donor area looks normal(ish) again? As well as the redness of the transplant area? Asking because I plan on taking time off work and am curious how long this process takes. I'm sure it various for everyone, just looking to get a general idea. Thank you. 

The one question I should have asked was whether you wear your hair long or short?  Most on here default to short hair, while I think long hair.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

I wore a cap for the first 6 weeks or so just to make sure nothing was noticeable - although in hindsight, this was probably overkill. Should I have another procedure in the future, I won't be as secretive/worried about it. I don't recall the exact timeline of the donor area healing, but it healed significantly quicker than the recipient area, which stayed pink for the first 4-6 weeks. I have rather fair skin though and a pretty sensitive scalp, so I think this was on the longer side of recovery based on what most people report. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 months later...
On 12/19/2019 at 4:08 PM, pkipling said:

I wore a cap for the first 6 weeks or so just to make sure nothing was noticeable - although in hindsight, this was probably overkill. Should I have another procedure in the future, I won't be as secretive/worried about it. I don't recall the exact timeline of the donor area healing, but it healed significantly quicker than the recipient area, which stayed pink for the first 4-6 weeks. I have rather fair skin though and a pretty sensitive scalp, so I think this was on the longer side of recovery based on what most people report. 

So I live (sorta) near Los Angeles, how was your experience with Dr. Mohebi? How long in advance did you have to schedule? Thanks.

I'm currently on week 7 and today I had my second haircut. Buzzed down to #1 and you can't tell a thing! I still though have some redness in my recipient area as my skin tone is fairly pale (mainly in the very front of my hairline as it was "punched" the most :D).

I will make a video update on this probably tomorrow. If you curious, check out links in my signature.

Edited by Rolandas

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

On 3/18/2020 at 4:45 PM, efbb88 said:

So I live (sorta) near Los Angeles, how was your experience with Dr. Mohebi? How long in advance did you have to schedule? Thanks.

My experience with Dr. Mohebi (and his amazing staff!) was fantastic - from the consultation to the procedure to the post-op visits. I'm not sure what the wait time is at the moment (especially considering everything going on with the Covid-19) but I imagine its several months. When I booked mine however, I asked him to put me on a wait list should anyone cancel last minute and that I would take their spot, so I actually had my procedure a couple weeks after my initial consultation. 

Happy to discuss more on the phone if you're ever interested. Just shoot me a private message and we'll exchange contact info. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56