I wore the bandana I was given for about 2 weeks. I then moved onto a baseball cap that was somewhat professional (repin' my university at work), something that doesn't seem "too" out of place. I also kept the HT quiet except for a few trusted coworkers. I also mentioned and showed it to my boss, who is ultimately the one who is responsible for dress code. My baseball hat was not mesh, and I don't think it's that big a deal (unless you work in hot conditions that causes a lot of sweat). 

After too long, I finally got a flat cap. I wish I had gotten it sooner. My HT buddy, HLPToronto recommended it, and raved about how it is work professional and makes him appear more classy. I would probably rock the flat cap about 2-3 weeks after a HT. The donor looks normal, or at least inconspicuous at that point.

Just whatever you do, have the cap rest on non-HT areas (temple, sides etc.) for the first 10 days or so. After that, its okay for it to touch your recipient hair, just very lightly (have your hat be very loosely fit).

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide

7 hours ago, Curious said:

A bucket hat that blocks all uv light from reaching your scalp.

I live in Florida so the UV blocker worked the best for me.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

9 hours ago, Lennney said:

I wore the bandana I was given for about 2 weeks. I then moved onto a baseball cap that was somewhat professional (repin' my university at work), something that doesn't seem "too" out of place. I also kept the HT quiet except for a few trusted coworkers. I also mentioned and showed it to my boss, who is ultimately the one who is responsible for dress code. My baseball hat was not mesh, and I don't think it's that big a deal (unless you work in hot conditions that causes a lot of sweat). 

After too long, I finally got a flat cap. I wish I had gotten it sooner. My HT buddy, HLPToronto recommended it, and raved about how it is work professional and makes him appear more classy. I would probably rock the flat cap about 2-3 weeks after a HT. The donor looks normal, or at least inconspicuous at that point.

Just whatever you do, have the cap rest on non-HT areas (temple, sides etc.) for the first 10 days or so. After that, its okay for it to touch your recipient hair, just very lightly (have your hat be very loosely fit).

Wouldn't a flat cap be a bit hot and lack air circulation? Isn't that bad for the recipient area?

If you wana compare a mesh baseball cap with a bucket hat, which one would be the best? (afraid of flat hat closeness) I'm a bit concerned about the breathability.

Edited by Fred88

50 minutes ago, Fred88 said:

If you wana compare a mesh baseball cap with a bucket hat, which one would be the best? (afraid of flat hat closeness) I'm a bit concerned about the breathability.

I would avoid the mesh because it lets in sunlight.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More