Hi. On my second month now.

Experiencing my yearly allergy symptoms (pollen) - most notably, blocked nose. Prior to now, I was taking antihistamine. However, as this could reduce the blood pressure, the hair doctor said that this is bad, as my goal is to increase the blood pressure to stimulate the hair growth.

What's your take here? I'm finally meeting an allergy doctor next week to find a permanent solution, which would also not impact my hair transplant. Various studies said that antihistamine could both increase and decrease the blood pressure. With the amount of people experiencing allergies, surely I can't be the only one having a hair transplant?

1. What's the take on antihistamine - is it bad for hair growth? Does it really reduce the blood pressure?

2. What are other solutions? I will probably be looking into some immunotherapy with the allergy doctor.

I've taken all sorts of anithistamines and never had any issues.  Fexodenadine, Loratadine, Cetirizine etc etc.

I actually took my blood pressure recently and it was 114/58 and 124/65 a day later.

Other solutions are the Kenalog-40 jab but there are slight risks.  Works well though for 6-8 weeks, and you cant have more than 2 a year in my country.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day