FUE repair of teenager scalp scar Dr. Lindsey

In this brief video we FUE 350 or so grafts into a crown scar, already previously attempted to be revised by a plastic surgeon.  We've done 20 or so of these hair into scar cases in the last couple of years and presented our results internationally.   Nevertheless....using planting analogies...we're taking relatively fragile plants from the donor region...stressing them with FUE extraction, and planting them in hard clay(scar tissue).   By leaving a little extra tissue on the root balls and making the recipient slits a little larger, we've had good success.

The video is: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4r_pWCYeQM&feature=youtu.be

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

• Like 1

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Great repair Dr Lindsey.  I always admire your efforts and sincerity.  Glad to see you know how to repair folks with scar tissue and you seem to do things that are safe for your patients.  Just wondering any idea on how to best approach the situation here where im struggling as a result of these damages, harm, and unnatural looking work where all eyeballs staring at my hairline all the time?  Im really suffering and would love to get honest professional inputs if possible

Complete bullshit what im going through and this is definitely not a reasonable expectation issue here 

this is the high density hairline fue and the so called showcase that i am trying to make normal and get out of.  I definitely did not deserve this after coming back from war and really want to live with some peace and really suffering.  Theres some pitting and ridging as a result of the work and repairs to so called repair the repair.  Thank You.

87418661-DCEC-4E28-95FC-103CE88789DC.jpeg

12DC1B34-3A17-43AF-A69E-29884F28EC81.jpeg

5FF70C07-86C5-4D0F-8272-CB9CF959600A.jpeg

Sean

Rather than do a consultation on this public forum, please either call our office or email me at drwlindsey@gmail.com with some info including your age, general health, family history of hairloss, and who did what kind of surgery on you and when.

Just this year I'd guess I've seen 20 guys with exactly your issue...shoot, you might have even been here, and are trying to see if I say the same thing....    And we'd love to talk to you and see if we can conceal that sparse weak hairline.

Thanks

Dr. L

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I do all FUE cases either by hand with a feller .9 or 1.0 punch OR the Harris Safe system.   Frankly it seems like if one isn't working...the other will do great.   I don't necessarily agree with the safe system's dull punch blade--which in theory pushes roots out of the way decreasing transection rate.   Rather it seems doughy scalped guys do better with the sharp punch and the normal scalp consistency do better with duller blades.   Remember the U in fue is unpredictable.   We all know what the F stands for and its not follicular.  FUE is a challenge that current automation has not solved.   To date we have now repaired around 150 of the cheaper automated "system" cases and around 40 of the real expensive "system" cases.    And currently the people coming in that have had the robot procedure appear to all have been shot in the donor region with 1.6mm derm punches, had essentially minigrafts removed and then either reinserted immediately or those were slivered into micrografts, like I learned in 1994.   And some look like its 1994.

Dr. L

• Like 1

McLean, VA