Hair Transplants Are On The Rise and Here's Why

• Administrators

Hair transplants are becoming more popular, what are some of the reasons why you guys think hair transplants are becoming more popular? 

Hair Transplants Are On The Rise and Here's Why

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So many components.  Huge improvements in the last 20 years.  Plugs are truly a thing of the past.

People are far more aware than ever before....they're doing the research and generally, are more educated on the subject.  The fact that this site exists, and the fact that it has has so many participants just adds to the mix.

Lastly, the competition and all it entails.

Imo...bc men in the west are forced to compete more and more on looks. Social media, reality tv, women “advocates,” etc are transforming the culture and women’s expectations are rising. Why do you think the fitness industry is booming in the west the last 5-10 years? Same reason I believe.

• Administrators

Social media is definitely changing things. How about dating apps? 20 years ago you were considered a pathetic freak if you went on an internet dating site. Now, everyone is on them. Bald guys get swiped left way more, just a fact. It sucks to say, but it's the cold-hard truth.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

Roobey and I are the same age. I remember when he got his done people were roasting him. Now he’s become the poster child. While he does use concealers.

He could never achieve the look without having the hair transplants. When he retires he should be an ambassador. 

View my thread

On 9/3/2019 at 8:55 PM, transplantedphil said:

While I 100% agree about social media, arguably the only people who use and rely on social media as a dating platform are also the ones that might have superficial leanings to begin with (unless there is a "bald-guys-rock-my-world" dating app Im unfamiliar with). 

In the same way I'm not sure I agree with Laser about guys "doing their research". I think they see the before and after's and think it's easy. I've been here long enough to notice guys compare it to Lasik which still catches me off guard. Same goes with JJ comments about guys feeling forced to compete; the fitness industry boom exists (ironically enough) in an environment with the greatest incidents of obesity.

This attitude then might only be segmented to a particular part of the population. Or at least I hope it is.

The world is a crazy place....millions and millions of people.  But it seems to me that everyone has someone they can rely on.  Kids and young adults have their parents, guys have their wives and so on....It is these "supporting actors" to call them that, that will typically do the research.  The internet is a huge part of this.  Everything is so accessible now.  Who doesn't have a computer?  We do live in an advanced world and it's very exciting for me to be living in such times.  But before I get derailed......Research. Seldom do I go out and don't hear someone say..."I read on the internet about...." Be a restaurant, a medical practice, hair......Yelp and so many other sites are part of it as well.  And now the marketing companies behind it all can actually keep tabs on you...what you search for, where you shop....and then they inundate you with "marketing" images of all your desires.  It is difficult not to research given the push everyone seems to give around you.

I do think we need to be doing a better job of educating. The overall message that transplants are permanent, (if it's good work it's permanent, if it's bad work it's also permanent), is not getting to people.  Doing the research is huge when you consider you'll have to live with whatever result you get.  It better be good.

• Like 1

Everyone today has a friend, a colleague  or 2, or a family member who has gotten a procedure. Moreover results are so widely shared and some are pleasing.

Everyone today knows a hair transplant is a possibility.

The only imponderables are-

1. Where to go?

2. How much to pay?

3. Will my procedure be successful?

I am on the edge for the past 2 days trying hard choosing a surgeon.

This thread itself is so confusing. Don't know who is real and who is pushing a clinic!

There are guys who spend the whole day on the forum just to be critical. Its crazy.