HT transplant UK

MrMojoRisin

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by MrMojoRisin:

Hello, i'm a new member and i have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to answer them for me.

I'm 36yrs old and my hair has been thining on top for the past 7 or so years. My main reason for considering a transplant is i have scarring on my forehead which i have always covered with my hair. But now with it thinning so badly that is now a problem. My father lost all his hair by the time he was in his 40s, so i've never considered a transplant before as i have always thought that, for example in 10 years time i would lose all my exisiting hair on top and would only be left with the transplanted hair and would look ridiculous.

A couple of weeks ago i went to the Hospital Group in Glasgow and spoke with a gentleman named Tarquin Blandford. I explained my main concern about losing exisiting hair after the transplant and he said not to worry, i would be put on a course of Minoxidil + Progesterone for approx 18 months and i'd never lose another hair. He also said i was an ideal candidate for a transplant, there top surgeon, Dr Westwood( one of the best in europe, according to him) would carry out the operation in a 1 mega 6 hour session, i would hve a full head of hair and all my worrys would be over. I'm not naive, it all sounded to good to be true and from beginning to end it just sounded like a salesman giving a salespitch. After reading here some peoples views on the Hospital Group, i think it's best to avoid them.

From what i've read here, i think i should try to get a consultation with Dr Farjo.

If anyone can answer my questions or give any advice i'd greatly appreciate it:

1. If male pattern baldness runs in the family and the end result i'm looking for is to have a full head of hair for life(am i being unrealistic) is an HT transplant not for me, bearing in mind my main reason for having the surgery is to have a full head of hair to cover scarring on my forehead?

2. Minoxidil + Progesterone, if i take this will that now stop further hair loss and i can keep what i have?

3. Does everyone recommend Dr Farjo?

The guy at the hospital with a big quiff and a very posh boy accent told me mr farjo was a very good surgeon as was mr goldstone and mr westwood, he also told me about minoxidil and dutes i am now in a difficult decision whether i take drugs or do it again in a few years.

Yeah, I reckon its B/s too, I called the other and was offered a consultation, I was just pissing them about of course.

One day, I'm going take a spin up to that dump and have a little chat with Norton.

Originally posted by best uk hairtransplant:

hi guy's l had a consultation with Tarquin Blandford at the Hospital Group- Hospital at Dolan Park West MIdlands, to be honest l found him to be a like able bloke even though you know he's trying to sell you the dream! thats his job like the rest of the consultants through out the Hair Transplant world, to be fair he did tell me Dr Westwood was the guy for me and like all of us l was a bit dubious! l met Dr Westwood what a nice guy ,he told me straight out your a norwood grade 6 and will need a lot of grafts to cover my bald area he said not to worry you have a good donor area ,so l made my choice and in june 2006 l had my first op it went really well and like clock work the hair started to grow 3 months later l was over the moon hair on my head again after 20 years ,l couldn't wait for my second that was march 2007 that went like the first and again like clock work 3 months later it was growing ,god the change it made was brill l looked ten years younger ,lm now going to have another h/t to thicken it up ,so in away Tarquin Blandford did sell me the dream,l hope your search turns out as well best regards, lm happy to send you my photos if you would like to see my results just mail me on ozgray1@hotmail.com[/quote ]hi there i have just noticed you had a transplant at the hospital group to at least we are bloody happy!

As you can see in the pic, my hair is very thick in the back, I had mint hair and The Hospital Group messed it up, along with the intial help of Norton.

I'm still not a NW2 on top, I never needed an HT in the first place, but have to get repaired now by a good surgeon because the likes of Norton and The Hospital Group, took advantage of a confused 22 year kid. There are not any good docs at The Hospital Group, your not gonna convince anyone here otherwise, so why bother.

Hello everyone i am new to this kind of forum as i only had my transplant 2 days ago on the 24th feb 2010 icon_smile.gif i had my transplant done with the hospital group by a doctor williams who was absolutely fabulous it took 6 hrs all told and i am extremely pleased ive finaly done this after slowly losing my hair for the past 18 yrs after i started having children .. i have had 1700 grafts and im very pleased where they have been placed and im hoping not to need another procedure but nothings 100% so we will see icon_smile.gif ... the main pain for me was the needles to numb the areas that was realy harsh and i being a girl i cried a little but it was fine once everything was numbed i was very comfy throughout icon_smile.gif the surgeon was very nice and chatty the team of nurses was very nice also and i was able to watch them discect the follicles .. i see by a lot of peoples posts that the hospital group r not well liked which is sad because i am fully happy with my experience so far and i will post pics as and when i see some growth i will also post a scar pic for you all to see when my stitches r taken out which will be another 6 days yet ... anyway ty for reading my experience and i will post soon xxx icon_smile.gif oh p.s i do think tarquin is a bit of a tool hehe but hes jst doin his job i suppose icon_razz.gif

Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum, im glad you are happy so far. The nice thing for you is you've got a decent hairline and you wont suffer the DHT problemss us lads are cursed with, plus you've nice light coloured hair which wont contrast with your skin.

Hope it works out ok for you.

TY i have read a little on the DHT now and yes slaps women to have a certain lvl of testosterone in there body my blood tests came back with all normal lvls concerning hormones though so im afraid ive blamed my dad for this one cos he went bald at an early age hehe, he helped toward the payment of my op so the guilt trip worked icon_smile.gif.

Well Lisa, like I say I hope it works out well, you and Felix are both recent HT patients and its far too early to judge the results. The HG have a terrible reputation and been responsible for horrific disfigurements some of which i've seen. I only hope they've started to take patient welfare seriously. The fact they are still willing to perform HTs on young lads like Felix is of great concern to me. Tarquin Blandford is well known icon_frown.gif

Welcome, Johnyhatesjazz!

Personally, I have read enough bad things about the The Hospital Group that I would never consider them.

Another concern to me is the fact that their representative has advised you that the scar will be invisible; even the top doctors and their reps can't make this claim. Where as it is hoped that any scarring will be minimal, it is impossible to say with any certainty what the result will be - it should ring alarm bells if anyone tells you otherwise.

Originally posted by Slaps:

Best UK hairtransplant? what kind of a name is that? IMOanyone could perform a HT to equal or superior standards to the butchering clowns in the UK. To achieve a look which resembles a UK HT one needs;-

Black cotton thread - The hair

A stapler - To attach the hair

A bread knife - to make the gigantic ragged scar

A first aid certificate or 100 mtrs diving badge.

who the *** are you? and who are you working? for ,were are your photo's slaps of **** bet you haven't even had a transplant

Originally posted by johnyhatesjazz:

Hi all now i am **** myself, i have a hairprocedure booked with The Hospital Group next month and i have paid my deposit.........................!!!!!!! What to do now???????? I saw a very large salesman called Kevin who said Mr Williams was the Hospitals leading surgeon and my scar would be invisible!!!!! Have i been **** to??? Phone calls will be made and a meeting with the surgeon will be essential in my choices, i will let you all know. Thanks 4 this site it sure helps.

some what silly to tell someone you wont get a scar every one will have a scar with strip yet they all fade and lets face it they will be covered by your hair at the back anyway, your silly listening to some of these guys on here they are promoting the american surgeons,there's good results and bad results across the board one thing about the HG if your not happy about the out come you can go back to them hardly the case when having it abroad

best uk hairtransplant,

You're starting to sound more and more like a shill with every post. I'm also getting tired of editing your posts for language. Read our terms of service.

For someone doing a whole lot of promoting of your doctor, you are very quick to accuse others of covertly working for other clinics just because they don't agree with you. It's policy that whomever is working for and/or receiving compensation from a clinic and/or company affiliated with hair loss/restoration must disclose their affiliation with them in their forum signature. Those you are accusing are not affiliated with a hair transplant clinic. You on the other hand, I still question.

In addition to the promoting you're doing for your doctor on this and other forums, you've been "bumping" your patient website to the first page without making any real additions. You also have the audacity to accuse other long time members of this community of working for other clinics and have been found in violation of our terms of service multiple times regarding language.

If I see any additional violations, you continue to bump your patient website to the first page, or you continue to chastise members of this community for having a different opinion than you, I will suspend your posting privileges and remove your blog.

Best Regards,

Bill

Bill this is a bit one sided ,if you look under a few of the guys on here are they not premoting the clinics with the web sites at the bottom of there comments?? and lets face it ive been chastised and slagged off by every tom dick and harry on here WHY because l had good results by a uk clinic and l dont understand being call a shill is this a word ment to be an agent or something? so just to get it clear in everyones heads l dont work for the H/G or any surgeons or any hair clinic's nor have i ever been employed by any!

every one will have a scar with strip yet they all fade and lets face it they will be covered by your hair at the back anyway

your silly listening to some of these guys on here

And he should listen to your words of wisdom?

i do wish you guys wouldnt be so down on the hospital group icon_frown.gif as i have previously posted i had my op 8 days ago with dr williams and have had absolutely no problems wotsoever .. this is day 8 now and i have been for my stitches out today and as u can see from the pic i have attached the scar is looking good i am very impressed icon_smile.gif when making a desicion to have any kind of op i suggest you go with your instincts .. theres nothin anyone can say tbh cos on most forums you will find a bad comment about somewhere .. i personaly would recommend the hospital group to anyone icon_smile.gif

Picture_134.thumb.jpg.a328f2173e0bd5076bc5fea43025ce6f.jpg

when making a desicion to have any kind of op i suggest you go with your instincts..

Lisa,

While I hope you have a terrific result, the above is really bad advice. Instincts are typically driven by emotion and not by any real research or education. In this community, we strongly encourage hair loss sufferers to thoroughly research and explore all their options prior to undergoing surgery. This includes researching all physicians they are considering.

I don't mean to be a downer or discourage you at all, but you only just had surgery with the Hospital Group. While you may have had an excellent surgical experience and feel good about it, it's a bit premature for a recommendation since your results are yet to come.

Understand that my above critique was directed strictly to "best uk hairtransplant" who's been pushing his doctor so hard that members of the community have questioned whether or not he works for the clnic and is covertly promoting them.

Anyway, I do wish you all the best and hope you'll keep us all posted on your progress.

All the best for amazing growth,

Bill