DHI Global Medical Group

KB567

Hi All,

To start, this site is already extremely helpful in the evaluation of hair transplant clients.  I'm currently living in Hong Kong and was recommended a clinic called.  After speaking with the doctor thoroughly during the consultation, I'm deciding if it's best to continue with the hair transplant procedure here in Hong Kong or look to travel elsewhere (potentially the USA).  Research suggests that the two main hair transplant techniques are FUT & FUE, but this clinic claims to offer a new technique called Direct Hair Implantation (DHI).   According to their site, "Direct Hair Implantation is the world's best hair transplant technique.  It is powered by the triple synergy - technology, teamwork, and technique - and it is offered exclusively by DHI Global Medical Group." Is anyone familiar with this technique and/or this clinic?  

• Administrators

Be wary of clinics claiming to have the best and only technique. Furthermore, several clinics perform this simultaneous extraction and implantation. Some call it DHT others DHI. Do not be fooled by fancy names, look at results. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

KB567, DHI has been around for a few years.

FUE and also DHT (done by Eugenix in India, which is a modification of FUE) require slits to be made in the recipient area, for the extracted follicular units to then be implanted into.

DHI does not require slits to be made in the recipient area. Once extracted (in the same way as is done in FUE) the follicular units are then then placed into a device known as an implanter pen, and then basically, kind of punched into the recipient area.

As the slit making process is eliminated, DHI procedures tend to be quicker than FUE (and DHT). The disadvantages though, is that the process is very taxing on the doctor, and requires a ton of skill. In FUE and DHT, the doctor has dedicated time to get the slits perfect (things like correct angle, spacing, etc)... where as with DHI, the doctor has to get all those things right on the go. 

I hear that many clinics offering DHI at a relatively low price are extremely tech heavy, for the above reason.

If you want DHI in Asia, I can recommend Dr Laorwong in Bangkok he did my Fue and the result is very good

I had both type of Fue the first one was in the USA and the implanter pen aka DHI is Better for angle control like in the temples and produced less bumpiness in the skin

• Like 1