Is there something wrong with my FUE?

I went to get an FUE done 8 days ago and its almost like there are just BUMPS. I had a FEW scabs that came out yesterday with the grafts but ive been reading that there are supposed to be scabs that fall out. I called the clinic and the people got a bit rude when they hung up because I was concerned. There is a small amount of hair growing on my head. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Edited by MikeG185
n/a

hey man, do you have better pics? also no bleeding? you would be bleeding heavily if a graft fell out. So to be more clear, is it just a scab with a hair attached falling out? 

finally where did you get it done?

Mike, 

How are you washing it? The little "bumps" appear to be excessive superficial tissue left on the grafts. This is not uncommon in FUE. It typically drys out like this, and then needs to be scrubbed away. 

• Haha 1

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

After 8 days you can not harm anything.  Get in the shower and let everything soak.  Use the tips of your fingers and massage, (scrub).  You'll find that some scabs/crusts will be a bit more persistent.  Do the same thing the next day and get them off. 

Sometimes hair will start growing from the get-go.  This just means you're ahead of everyone else by 3-4 months. This is normal.

Hi Mike, 

Double check with your clinic first, but I would recommend, as LaserCap said above, to scrub harder. I think these are just little "scabs" formed by the dried part of the superficial tissue left on the grafts. You should be able to knock these off and obtain more of the "buzz cut" look we want to see post-transplant. 

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I agree with the other comments but I will caution you against rubbing too hard on the scabbed areas.  Your head is still VERY numb.  I scrubbed my head a bit too aggressively after my first surgery and actually scratched my scalp a bit rubbing too hard.  Since your head is so numb you don’t really feel your finger nails scratching your scalp.  Just be careful.  The scabs will come off on their own in the shower but moderate rubbing will speed up the process a bit.  Just be careful.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.