Can You Use Nizoral After Having A Hair Transplant

• Administrators

How long did you guys wait before using Nizoral?

Can You Use Nizoral After Having A Hair Transplant

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I waited 12 full months to be on the safe side...probably could have done it earlier but I always take the more conservative safer approach.

Have not heard of Pura d' or...is it from Europe?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Interesting topic. 

I think the biggest issue with using Nizoral (or any ketoconazole-based shampoo) in the post-op is simply how harsh it can be on the scalp. It typically causes a lot of dryness, redness, and irritation, and this is usually why most people only use it a few times a week. A post-op scalp is already pretty raw, so I often discourage using Nizoral too soon in the healing period. Typically I tell patients they can go back to using it on an infrequent basis starting day 10, but ask them to please discontinue it and try again later if it makes the scalp overly irritated or dry. 

Curious to hear what other clinics recommend. 

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.