San Antonio Doctor

DN

Does anyone know Dr. Bob Limmer in San Antonio? He is listed on this site. I had a consult here in Austin with MHR and was not impressed. The sales guy had a bad HT. Dr. Limmer in San Antonio answered my email the same day with a phone call. He said I could observe a surgery. He does the FU that you folks speak of. I'm just starting my research.

Does anyone know Dr. Bob Limmer in San Antonio? He is listed on this site. I had a consult here in Austin with MHR and was not impressed. The sales guy had a bad HT. Dr. Limmer in San Antonio answered my email the same day with a phone call. He said I could observe a surgery. He does the FU that you folks speak of. I'm just starting my research.

DN, I have not been to Dr. Limmer but I have read many good comments about him on this forum. Dr. Limmer has been doing all FU transplants for as long as anyone. He is one of the pioneers in hair transplant technology. His pricing is also very affordable. You will get 3 times the number of grafts from Limmer than you will get from MHR. And those grafts will look better as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DN.

I had a 1500 graft procedure in early August 2003 with Brad Limmer at the Limmer Clinic. Although the doctors do not do the transplanting themselves, the care during surgery that I received was good. Post-op care was exceptional. The technicians are clearly well-trained and careful. The price is relatively affordable. The results are spectacular. I am 6 months post transplantation and I could not be happier with the results. As a proof of my satisfaction with the Limmer clinic, I will do a second 1500 procedure in May.

K

Hi DN in Austin,

Beatlehair from Austin also! I had 3000+ done by Dr Limmer in November 2003 and am going back for another 3000 at the end of April. My first hair transplant was done in 1995 by MHR in Austin. Dr Limmer and his staff win hands down. His tech Christina(my hair angel) patiently "planted" on my scalp for two days last November. You won't regret a hair transplant with Dr. Limmer.

Good luck!

Beatlehair

DN and others,

I visited MHR in Austin while in college (about three years ago), and they were flat out salesmen. After revisiting the thought of a HT the last few months and researching it, I am sooo glad I did not do it with those guys. I e-mailed Limmer and the son Brad, he called me the next day and we talked. I had a very positive experience with him during my consultation and a very good feeling about him. Still don't know wheter or not to get a HT, but if I do, it will most likely be with Limmer

QUESTION FOR KOURION:

What do you mean "although the doctors do not do the transplanting." The way I understood is that it is normal for the doctor to remove the strip and cut the slits in the head where the new hairs will go. After that, isn't it normal for the girls to do the rest? Anyone please chime in THANKS!

CG

CG,

The physician (father or son; in my case it was the son Brad) removed the strip and from that point on, it was the techs who did everything else. I was a bit worried that it wasn't the physician who did the slits and the transplanting, but the tech that I had was very good. The results have also been great. The front of my head, where 1500 grafts were transplanted, looks great. The donor site cannot even be found. Some day, if I can figure out how to do it, I may post some pictures.

I should also mention that Brad Limmer has a nice demeanor, he is respectful, has no airs about him, and has also answered every single question that I have had. A very positive experience.

K

Hi Curious George,

The father Dr Bob Limmer was in charge of my HT. Dr Limmer checked on me numerous times during my two day session...never hesitated to answer any question I had. Professional all the way as was Christina my hair transplanter.

I saw numerous photos of patients of both Doctors and of course talked to several patients who were there for further work or there for there first time. All were pleased ....frankly, if I had not met them at the Dr.'s office I would have never known they were hair transplant patients! Which is the way a hair transplant should look!

Good luck!

Beatlehair

Thanks for the feedback guys. Obviously i would prefer that the Doc be as involved as possible. Why is he not more involved? If you decide to go to a doctor, you choose him for his skills, not his technicians' skills. Also, is it unusual that he doesn't make the slits?

CG

Thanks all. This is good info from those who have been to Limmer. Brad Limmer gave me names of five Austin HT guys to call. What should I ask them? Should I buy lunch so they can show off thier HT?

Brad Limmer suggested 3000 grafts over two days. He didn't say, but I guessed I'm a 5a on the scale with some fine hair in the front. He said I'd have good coverage in front, mediun on top, and light with a "whirl" on the crown. Does this sound about right? Was he on target with his estimates with you guys? I have salt/pepper thick hair.

The price quoted for 3000 units was $9300. This is a BIG step for me (money and a little fear) but does it sound about right?

Thanks again.

CuriousGeorge:

The reason the doctors do not make the slits is because we do not use slits. Slits are made with blades. We use only needles to make the recipient sites because we feel it is the least invasive method of making recipient sites. The needle site quickly closes if not grafted immediately while blade slits stay open longer in our opinion. By using very small needles the grafts can be densley planted the first session. This method of needle stick followed by immediate graft placement is referred to as the "stick and place" method and has been used since the first follicular unit transplant was done in October, 1988, by our research team. I hope this helps explain the method which has been used on thousands of follicular unit transplant cases now for over 15 years very successfully.

Sincerely,

Bobby Limmer, MD/jac icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_smile.gificon_wink.gif

Dr. Limmer