Struggling to choose the right clinic or Doctor.

Hi Im 56 years old and have been thinning mainly on crown hair line is still pretty much there although receded slightly, I have been to Istanbul several times and am not finding it en easy choice with choosing the right clinic.....So far I have seen Asmed, Cinik, Acibadem and emailed a few others, Ive never actually seen any of the Doctor's as requested each time leaving me very apprehensive!....making my choice, But on my recent trip to Istanbul I had a consultation with Cinik clinic again not seeing Dr Cinik but only again to see a sales person and Tech but one thing I was made aware of was Hdi which they said was the latest technique, Im now learning from this forum that Tech driven clinics seem to be the majority and the Dr involvment is minimal, Im also learning how important it is to have more info ie how much shall the Dr be involved techs history how long they've worked there etc, TlpToronto thankfully replied to a topic finding the right clinic, And kindly sent me a link to his thread as I was finding it difficult to find myself, His thread made so much sense and I'm sure is going to help me at last make a decision! Anyone that has had Hdi and are happy with there clinic, preferably and  not Tech driven would be much apreciated!!   

Hi Wheredoigo,

If you are thinking of going to Dr Cinik, then you should take a look at the thread below, it's a wonderful transformation.

You could private message the patient, he comes across as someone who will be more than happy to assist you.

I am 59 and experiencing much of the same.  I've been on medical therapy for more than 25 years and have had 7 hair transplants.  I was a consultant for various doctors throughout my career and I think I can at least give you my point of view.

Is there value to meeting with a consultant?  Sure.  I think the question is, for how long has the consultant worked with the doctor.  You have to realize the consultant is there daily with the doctor.  He hears the spill every day.  There is knowledge and experience.  Short of doing the actual procedure, there is a lot of info he can provide.  Funny how people can smell a fake.  If this person is really trying to help you, you'll feel it.  Is there value to visiting directly with the doctor? Sure.  You can confirm you actually like him,  he makes sense when talking to you, and can conduct an examination. This is the time he has to rule out conditions other than a hereditary one. I do have a question,

Why didn't you see the doctor?  Was he sleeping? Reading a book? In procedure? (I've seen each of these happen). The consultant will almost always tell you that he is with another patient regardless of what's going on.  Perhaps the consultant is under the impression you are just not serious about this. Who knows.

I truly think that most "employees" of the clinic are under the belief that they are working under the umbrella of the doctor. And, if the doctor lets them, they'll be doing sites, harvesting, etc.  Given the education difference between an MA and a Doctor, I think it is outrageous when this is allowed.  And the worse thing is the fact the patient is under local and has no idea what happened.  Do you think they'll say something at the end of the day?  

It is always about results.  My suggestion is, when doing research, concentrate on photos of patients similar to you and the result.  View thousands and then make a decision.  If you only see 4-5 photos, go to the next.  If the doctor is any good, he'll be proud to show you his work.

Do you still have native hair? Are you doing any type of medical therapy?

5 hours ago, Shera said:

Hi Wheredoigo,

If you are thinking of going to Dr Cinik, then you should take a look at the thread below, it's a wonderful transformation.

You could private message the patient, he comes across as someone who will be more than happy to assist you.

I think LukeyB did a marvelous job of documentation and continues to provide great feedback to anyone who asks him for advice. Having said that, LukeyB himself acknowledges that his case may have been different than many others'. He says Cinik himself did a large portion (more than other members are seeing/experiencing), and thus his (wonderful!) case has an asterisk. If you read his post, you'll see comments like:

Blaze99 said:

Interesting information. In that case why do people pay so much more just to go under the knife of an unknown technician? Isn't like buying a lottery? You can get a technician who is 5 years experienced or someone who started last week. No?

exactly, but usually, they are working in a group so it's not like the new technician works alone. plus, there is always the option of going with a dr that performs the whole operation himself like keser, but he charges 3.5euro per graft, it's 3-4times the amount of other clinics. if you have the money nobody would suggest you not to go there. for example for me 10k is a lot compared to 2k. I may have to go twice so I cant afford 20k.

the only thing that is important is to do your research and see as many result as you can. the only negative review I saw of this doctor was that,some guy said "people were coming in and out during operation and some of the technicians were using phone during the operation" but it was a few years ago and I'm assuming they saw the bad review and already took measures that this doesn't happen again.

they are very careful about bad reviews so I'm guessing they wouldn't want somebody bad mouthing them either after a bad surgery,therefore they would train their technicians very well. in this business, the reviews can end you.

look for as many before/after reviews as you can to see how they turned out and how was their experience, especially the ones that have journals like this thread. they wouldn't be fake because the patient writes his experience with pictures of himself.

I'm considering this dr as well, if I could afford to spend more money I would go with a dr that does it himself, but since I can't afford it, I'll just settle with the best one at my budget.

I don't have a well formed opinion on his clinic, but I did believe I saw several positive results come from there recently. Mrknid, superflash and especially donjamo considering he had comparatively few grafts placed for his advanced balding - but some may criticize density (I personally would love for his results if I had his original conditon.  Fespafer hasn't updated in nearly 2 months, but I hope all is well with him. With a review of recent cases, yes, I think Cinik's clinic is putting out great results of late. It should definitely be on your list. I wasn't sure before I typed this.

If you're thinking of traveling abroad, consider this read: 
Airfare guide