Hair transplant

Hi folks 

I am considering having a transplant in turkey and have come across this forum which has given some helpful information. 

I see there are 2 recommended surgeons in turkey,  but very little feed back on others.  

I am considering hair medico Dr arslan and get fue in antalya both are listed with the ISHRS .  I would be keen to know if anyone has experience in these clinics and how they found using there service. 

There are not to many reviews apart from some you tube some videos.  I was hoping to see some  before and after pictures from anyone on this forum. 

Your thoughts and feedback appreciated. 

Edited by Highlander99
Spelling error

• Administrators

I haven’t heard of that doctor, but watch this video before agreeing to surgery in Turkey.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Be very careful. Despite all concerns that are apparent on forums and advice on how to navigate the minefield that is the FUE field right now, individuals still allow themselves to choose their surgeon with their heart and not their head.

With respect, decisions such as these are purely down to cost. Every patient is price conscious to some degree. Obviously some more than others. But don’t be somebody who convinces themselves that all will be okay. 

Choice of surgeon is absolutely essential. Can you get an impressive result with tech led clinics? Of course. But with some clinic performing 8+ surgeries per day, probability would suggest that they will achieve some positive results. But which team of techs will you get? 8 surgeries = 8 teams. Which team will you get? Who are they? The team who achieves the better results, or the other team/s who don’t?

Do such clinics consider that your long term situation must be addressed and be priority? Has your donor been managed appropriately considering potential further loss? Has your hairline placement and density been calculated and designed considering future loss?

Dont take my word for it. Spend an hour doing the research.

Unfortunately guys who have lost hair, will lose further hair. Their strategy needs to be approached accordingly.

Mitigate the risk involved and put yourself in the hands of the very best and have some peace of mind.

I wish you the very best.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

7 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

Be very careful. Despite all concerns that are apparent on forums and advice on how to navigate the minefield that is the FUE field right now, individuals still allow themselves to choose their surgeon with their heart and not their head.

With respect, decisions such as these are purely down to cost. Every patient is price conscious to some degree. Obviously some more than others. But don’t be somebody who convinces themselves that all will be okay. 

Choice of surgeon is absolutely essential. Can you get an impressive result with tech led clinics? Of course. But with some clinic performing 8+ surgeries per day, probability would suggest that they will achieve some positive results. But which team of techs will you get? 8 surgeries = 8 teams. Which team will you get? Who are they? The team who achieves the better results, or the other team/s who don’t?

Do such clinics consider that your long term situation must be addressed and be priority? Has your donor been managed appropriately considering potential further loss? Has your hairline placement and density been calculated and designed considering future loss?

Dont take my word for it. Spend an hour doing the research.

Unfortunately guys who have lost hair, will lose further hair. Their strategy needs to be approached accordingly.

Mitigate the risk involved and put yourself in the hands of the very best and have some peace of mind.

I wish you the very best.

Thanks for the words of advice.

Dr Arslan advises that they do one surgery per day and he does the work himself with the help of 2 technicians,  all the technical work is done by him. Given most clinics in Turkey use technicians and rarely a doctor that led me to find out more about this guy so hopefully someone on here can give that input?

both are on the ISHRS and appear to do most of the work  so I would assume that should hold weight? 

• 2 years later...
On 5/11/2019 at 2:25 PM, Highlander99 said:

Thanks for the words of advice.

Dr Arslan advises that they do one surgery per day and he does the work himself with the help of 2 technicians,  all the technical work is done by him. Given most clinics in Turkey use technicians and rarely a doctor that led me to find out more about this guy so hopefully someone on here can give that input?

both are on the ISHRS and appear to do most of the work  so I would assume that should hold weight? 

@Highlander99 Who did you end up going with in the end?  How was it overall?