Newb here - hair transplant scheduled with Dr. Haber

Apollo

This is probably the wrong forum for this, but oh well.

Hello everyone, My name is John and I also suffer from MPB. I've had it since I was 17 years old. I'm now 24 and after a year on propecia and rogaine, I have scheduled an HT with Dr. Haber in Cleveland for May.

I just wish I wasn't an idiot in denial for several years otherwise, I could have saved a lot of my hair.

I can't wait for my day of surgery to come, and I can finally take back control!

This is probably the wrong forum for this, but oh well.

Hello everyone, My name is John and I also suffer from MPB. I've had it since I was 17 years old. I'm now 24 and after a year on propecia and rogaine, I have scheduled an HT with Dr. Haber in Cleveland for May.

I just wish I wasn't an idiot in denial for several years otherwise, I could have saved a lot of my hair.

I can't wait for my day of surgery to come, and I can finally take back control!

Apollo,

Congratulations my friend. You have made the first steps towards an improvement in your hairloss goals. May is so close, it really wont be long before you re-attain that control. Good luck my man!!!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Originally posted by Apollo:

Thanks Raphael84,

I can't wait for May to arrive either. I know that my hair will be in good hands with Dr. Haber.

Any ideas to keep my mind off the surgery until May?

Appollo,

You are a lucky man, indeed. I too started thinning at an early age; probably 17 but people started saying something about it when I was in college at 20 or so.

You are lucky because it's not 1988, or even 1998. Back then, there was no Propecia or Rogaine Foam. I did buy some Rogaine back in 1989 but it was 2% and cost $80 (that's about $150 in today's dollars)!

You're also lucky because transplants have come miles and miles from where they were back when a lot of us were your age. Take a look at my weblog, and see the transplant I got when I was 25! It's brutal, I know. But try not to let hairloss be the defining moment of your 20's.

Everytime I think back, the years 24 - 30 were probably the worst for me. And I primarily contribute that to my hairloss and sub-par transplant. I remember wearing hats out socially, and declining to have daytime dates, etc. because of my desire to hide my hairloss.

Good luck to you. I've heard of your doctor, but I don't know much about him. Make sure you check him out good, though.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Good luck to you Apollo.

More importantly are the months that follow the HT that are the worst. Prepare yourself with things to do around the house etc. I am approaching 3 months post op and am just getting back into the swing of things. The first 3 months feel like a year.

Apollo, May I ask how you found dr. Haber? Did you research/talk with his past patients. I have never heard of him and I would not want you to make a mistake due to you lack of research on this dr. And I don't think I've heard of any members gasing up the van to travel to Cleveland.