Opinions on 2 choices

Hey guys, I'm brand new here so please excuse me if I ask something rehashed a thousand times. To me this is all a brand new journey.

After much internet searching, reading your posts and seeing results (on the computer screen only) I think I've narrowed down the 2 Doc's I would use for a FUT to Dr. Feller or Dr. True. Does anyone have any experience with either and/or any bad experiences with either. My impression is they are both as good as there is. Am I correct ?

Thanks

They are both good docs, but research for 6 months at least, then make your decision. How old are you? what level of hairloss do you have? are you considering propecia?

Your choice depends a lot on your level of loss. If you are a norwood 6, I'd go to Hasson and Wong, because they produce the best results for guys with extensive hairloss. If you have minimal loss, I'd consider Ron Shapiro.

Research loads, do online consults with the top clinics, look at the patient websites to get a feel for what sort of result each doc can give you.

Good luck.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Thanks S.H. I have thinning on the crown and receding of the hairline, but would consider my loss fairly minimal as compared to some I have seen on here. I believe it was classed as a Norwood 3. I am 55 and fortunately appear younger (45-50). I have heard good and some marginal comments on Shapiro but all good on Feller.

Originally posted by gunny:

I have heard good and some marginal comments on Shapiro but all good on Feller.

Please let me know where you have heard marginal comments regarding Dr. Ron Shapiro.

There are a couple of other doctors who have the last name of Shapiro, some of whom have an exceedingly poor reputation.

Perhaps some confusion?

I would be happy to help answer any and all questions.

To answer your question, either Dr. Feller or Dr. True are fine choices, you should visit with both.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Perhaps you are right B Spot. I've reviewed Dr. Shapiros website, reviews, and photos and his work seems exceptional. Must have been related to a different Shapiro. My apologies for the confusion. I would lean towards Dr. F only because he is an hour away. Not that I wouldn't fly across country if that was my best option, however, I feel that he is as good as any, from my knowledge at this point. Can anyone disagree ?

gunny...splitting hairs is right, research for at least 6 months, then make your decision. I researched for over a year and I went back and forth between two doctors (Dr. Hasson & Dr. Rahal). Take your time because this is a very important decision that will impact your life tremendously. Good luck!

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Dr. Feller was one of my top and final pics for HT surgery. I also considered H&W, Shapiro, Alexander, and Rahal. I also have liked the results I've seen from Dr. True recently.

Doing research is vital to not only picking the right HT doc, but to understanding HTs and having realistic expectations. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com