2nd surgery donor

hey guys

I'm 5 months post-op: I had 1800 grafts FUE (I'm a Norwood IV/Va) and I am thrilled. It's exactly the hairline I wanted and the density is really starting to come in.

of course, this first surgery only addressed the front part of my scalp, leaving the crown untouched. 

my donor is good. Doc said I could easily go back for another 1500-2000 grafts to address the rest of my head. 

question for those of you who did multiple procedures and had a "Good" donor (not an AWESOME donor) :

was it worth doing the second procedure or did you really notice the difference in your donor between round 1 and round 2? like... "great, i got hair on my crown but my donor looks like shit"

because right now I am considering staying like this and using caboki on the crown instead of pillaging my donor again. 

just curious!!

Edited by HarryHonolulu

• Administrators

It really depends on the individual, some guys don’t like using concealer and want to have a hair transplant to avoid using concealer.

Personally, I love using concealer and will probably use it forever. So, if your okay with using concealer and you’re happy with how you look. I don’t see why you would have another procedure. However, it is up to you, if everything is lining up. Meaning, right now you have the time and finances to have another one go for it if that’s what you really want.

I remember having this conversation with Dr. Konoir last summer. I was basically considering having a 4th, my thinking was financially I’m able too and I have the time. But then I thought I’m totally happy with how i look with concealer, so until I’m no longer happy then I’ll reconsider. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Harry, if you eventually decide to go in for a subsequent procedure, I would recommend that you wait for at least one year to pass from your previous one.

The trauma level in the donor takes longer to recover than we might think and the risk of shock loss in the donor region is higher when secondary procedures are done relatively too soon.

Just a thought...

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY