Concealer post hair transplant during ugly duckling?

Title pretty much says it all. I bought some dermmatch and wondering if I could use this in the recipient area until it grows? I have plenty of native hairs but it looks weird with hair transplant. Dermmatch seem to help conceal it a bit. Is it okay or would this damage the follicles somehow and negatively effect the growth?

thanks

Who did you have surgery with? Follow your clinic's guidelines about when to use concealers they should have given you that information. Some clinics say a couple of weeks and some say a few months. Personally I wouldn't use it whilst your scalp is sensitive but ask your doctor.

It really depends on how long it's been since your HT, and like Farsan said, each doctor will have different guidelines for this anyway. 7 days is the general rule we give for applying anything topical to the scalp, and if you're a few weeks out, I would say it's okay - but again, it's always best to speak directly to your surgeon to confirm. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I didn't put any concealer on my head (recipient or otherwise) for 2 1/2 months post-op.

I rocked the buzzcut during that time and only started applying concealer 3 months later when I let everything grow out.

you obviously need hair for the concealer to work so it really depends on how severe your hair loss is to begin with.

my advice would be to leave the scalp completely untouched for at least 2 months and only use a concealer if you plan on growing your hair out.