Top 3 Reasons Why You SHOULDN'T have A Hair Transplant

• Administrators

There are a few reasons why individuals shouldn't have a hair transplant, some issues can be corrected through education. However, some issues need time and medical therapy.

I encourage everyone to take a few short minutes out of their day to read the article. Also, share with others considering surgery.

When Should You Not Have A Hair Transplant?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, HairGone29 said:

OP what is your opinion from your research of Cinik? Since he would fall into the low cost bracket (very low cost even), but results seem to be consistently good, for a fraction of the price of someone like Erdogan

I have never heard of them, so I can’t give an opinion. However, if you feel you’v done sufficient research and they’re good, then it’s a real possibility. There are always exceptions to the rule and not every low-cost clinic are bad; just like not every expensive clinic is good. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Thanks for writing the excerpt.  You've only hit the tip of the iceberg however, and we can surely elaborate on many of the points you make.  Unrealistic expectations, for example.  This typically happens with young guys that reminisce about the youthful hairline they once had.  The sad part is that many doctors will go ahead with the case just because the patient asked them to do so and because of the money involved.  Who to blame?  The patient or the doctor?  Perhaps both?  All of us have a responsibility to educate the patients properly.  We are a representative to the patient and to the company we work for. If after discussing all options the patient is adamant about moving forward, (he didn't listen to a damn thing you said), I would honestly send him away.  (The problem is that now he'll go and find someone that WILL do the work).  

Other examples of why not to move forward include medical conditions such as an auto-immune system.  How many times have we seen doctors move forward anyway?  Is this because the doctor feels bad for the patient and wants to "try" anyway?  Again, if the patient is educated properly and all options are discussed including possible outcomes, and the patient signs a waiver, I guess that's OK.  Sometimes it is worth the risk if the patient has realistic expectations.  

There are so many tangents.....but good to bring them out so patients are aware of the many pitfalls out there.  (At least we know that all participants in this forum are an educated bunch.  

• Administrators

I agree, this is why I created a thread for others to add. Good information thanks for the post.

View my thread