Fuggit About it Stage

I am about 7 weeks post transplant and I am really not concerned about the transplant.  I will still handle it with kid gloves, but I am not sitting here fretting every day.  I see so many that seem to drive themselves crazy with expectations and worry.  My first transplant was a success and I have no reason to believe this one won't also be a success.  I believe in about 4 months I will be very satisfied with my transplant.  Are there other guys out there that just relax or is everyone tense, and just looking for problems?

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

I imagine it runs the spectrum from person to person. However, you have the advantage of knowing that it already worked for you once in the past, so you already know that you don’t possess a “patient physiology” factor that would impede your results. That’s the scariest prospect to me - you select a great physician, formulate a reasonable plan, diligently do all of the aftercare, etc and it still just doesn’t work. 

1 hour ago, yesplease said:

I imagine it runs the spectrum from person to person. However, you have the advantage of knowing that it already worked for you once in the past, so you already know that you don’t possess a “patient physiology” factor that would impede your results. That’s the scariest prospect to me - you select a great physician, formulate a reasonable plan, diligently do all of the aftercare, etc and it still just doesn’t work. 

Exactly this. I think the fear and anxiety stage mainly affects the people going thru it during round 1. If you’ve already had a successful transplant you’ve been thru all the motions and seen the fruits of your labor so there’s not as much worry.

28 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

Exactly this. I think the fear and anxiety stage mainly affects the people going thru it during round 1. If you’ve already had a successful transplant you’ve been thru all the motions and seen the fruits of your labor so there’s not as much worry.

Even so.  I was not that concerned at my 1st transplant.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

I am calm, but excited for growth.  I’m at month 3 1/2, so I’m ready for action.  I picked a great doc who I trust.  I’m 55 with 3 (youngish) kids so I have plenty of more important things to worry about.  

My first was twenty years ago. I didn't have the Internet or forums like this to research and read other people's transplant stories, so it was very much a step into the unknown. They were anxious months waiting for growth to happen. My subsequent transplants have been much less stressful, with no real nerves or worries on the day, and as SBS says above, excitement and optimism for the outcome as the post op months go on.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.