Transmed and Dr Kulahci

danny_m

Hi,

I have been reading up on this site, trying to get as much info as possible about Transmed in Turkey and Dr Kulahci. Everything i have read so far has been positive, except for 1 post.

However i have only seen very few pics ( the 1's on their site and 2 peoples post-op staright after the operation). I am really keen to get peoples thoughts both pro's and con's to help make my decision.

Does anyone have "the finished article" pictures of 6 months + post op?

Thanks for your help.

The only other ones I managed to find were on this site.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...tor-ver2.asp?DrID=56

If you can wait 6 months you'll get to see my progress. I was a bit frustrated at the lack on hair blogs for transmed, that's why I started mine.

HM

Danny,

I think it's great that you're doing your research looking for as many examples of results as posible. If you haven't already, be sure to check out Dr. Kulahci's recommendation profile which presents a number of examples of her work.

Frankly, I've been very impressed by the work I've seen by her and her team. If I were you, I'd certainly consider her for your hair transplant procedure.

All the Best,

Bill

It is disappointing that Dr. Melike doesn't have many patient blogs, but I agree with Bill that what she has posted has been very impressive. In fact, I find her work to be so good that I am also actively researching her.

In fact there are only three patient blogs on Transmed profile.

One of them has been there long. But the other two have just been added in the last couple of weeks, So you cant really see any real outcome from these two yet.

Quite dissapointing because other HT clinics have much more than that.

Best to keep on researching like how i am.

Danny_m,

"2 peoples post-op staright after the operation" I'm one of those two. Frankly, i totally understand what you mean because I was in that situation three months ago. However, the lack of posts shouldn't discourge you from at least contact the clinic for a consultation. it's free and you get an idea on how they'll deal with you pre/post opreation.

I feel compelled to add one more thing.

Though it's nice for patients to be able to see a number of patient posted results and blogs, the fact that there aren't many doesn't mean a physician isn't doing excellent work. Patients don't document their progress for a number of reasons. Perhaps many of her patients just haven't found our site to share them.

I agree that prospective hair transplant patients should do plenty of research before selecting a doctor. But I think it's bad advice to rule out surgeons simply because there aren't as many patients sharing their results publicly.

I'm sure Dr. Kulahci has a number of patient referrals those considering her could talk to and meet with. But you'll have to contact her directly for those.

Best wishes,

Bill

As a matter of fact i have contacted Transmed (Dr Kulahci). I have asked for patient referrals who i can contact but have not been given any (except a link to 'HunkeyMonkey' on this site who just had a HT a few weeks ago).

They said that most of their patients are turkish and do not wish to be publicised and that that they are sorry for this.

I have also asked for some FUE pictures and only one has been sent to me.

The other fact that remains is that there are about 4 or 5 Doctors at Transmed. Dr Kulahci i believe is the most experienced but the others are not as experienced as her. If Dr Kulahci did all HTs then what would the other doctors do?

I do not have any problem with Transmed (Dr Kulahci). Im actually considering them seriously and im still trying to do more research before i make my decision.

I wasn't sure on their other docs, although I had red positive things about one of them. I insisted on having mine done with Dr Kulahci herself.

I was lucky in that when I went there were 2 people in for a check-up who had a transplant with them about a year ago. There hair was very impressive which really put me at ease.

I guess if you wanted to make an extra trip to Turkey I suspect they would be happy for you to go in on a day that someone is in for a 12 month check-up or a second op. But then there is the extra cost...

Saying that I think Istanbul flights are pretty cheap off season.

If you take the patent route you can always wait 6-8 months and come visit me in the flesh.

HM

• 1 month later...

Hi,

just wanted to bring this back up again, i too was very frustrated at the lack of hair blogs from Transmed before i actually went out there to have my op.

However, after speaking with them whilst i was there, i was informed they do a lot of HT's on Turkish patients, who generally come from Turkish high society due to it being an expensive procedure for the average wage earnt there.

Due to it being i.e. CEO of a well known local company, or a well known person within Turkey, they do not want to bring attention to the fact they have had a HT afterwards, which leads to a lack of info here. However, there is slowwly becoming more literature around Transmed and what the ops they perform on here, as well a high recommendation from Bill and within the industry.

I am obviously hoping for the best wwith me results with them...now its the waiting game! icon_biggrin.gif But will definitely keep you updated with how my results progress.

• 8 months later...