Bumped head- did I do permanent damage?

You want to be careful the first few days post op.  After 7 days you can typically return to normal activity.  If it's been 4 weeks I would honestly don't worry about it.  (Plus there is nothing you can do at this time so why worry about it).  To feel better I would take photos of the area.  Wait 6 months and take another set.  Do the same at 12 months.  If you notice an empty area, bring it up to the Doctor.  Most doctors will guarantee the grafts.  I am certain they will replace a non growing graft at no cost to you.  

• Thanks 1

If you don't have any type gash or abrasion you did not cause any damage. It is very hard to damage to the grafts one month post op surgery.

• Thanks 1

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

At 4 weeks post-op, it's practically impossible to damage a graft by bumping your head. The grafts are secure/anchored by this point.... And even still, a general rule of thumb is that if there's no bleeding, then a graft wasn't dislodged.

The main thing to worry about relatively long-term is sun exposure, so stay out of the sun for the next 5 months and those grafts will be good. 

• Thanks 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56