Is it MPB or hair maturation ??

ARJUN SINGH

Hi Arjun,

You might want to compare your photos with photos from the last few years to see whether your hairline has receded a touch. It is possible that there is some recession in your hairline even at such a young age. So, compare with previous photos and if it is fairly obvious then consider taking meds to help delay any further loss (Finasteride/Minoxidil) . See your GP.

20 minutes ago, Shera said:

Hi Arjun,

You might want to compare your photos with photos from the last few years to see whether your hairline has receded a touch. It is possible that there is some recession in your hairline even at such a young age. So, compare with previous photos and if it is fairly obvious then consider taking meds to help delay any further loss (Finasteride/Minoxidil) . See your GP.

Thanks but now it is quite noticeable unlike previous photos

Hard to say without reference, that frontal tuft looks like it might be thinning.

Have you spoken with a dermatologist or primary care physician about possibly taking finasteride?

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• Administrators

A mature hairline at 21 is almost always indicative of MPB. That’s because at 21 you’re still a very young man, so naturally seeing signs of recession at a young age generally means MPB. 

To be frank, a mature hairline is MPB, but the difference between the man who’s 41 with a mature hairline and the 21 year old is the rarte of loss. The 41 year old man has very mild non-aggressive hair loss while the 21 year old may or may not. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.