Ugly Duckling hairstyle

hey friends

I'm exactly 1 month post-op (FUE) and entering the ugly duckling phase. 

I still have my hairline from the procedure but it's fading day-by-day and soon I'll be quacking full-time.

question: how did you FUE veterans handle it, re: your hairstyle?

did you buzz everything down (including the recipient area) maybe to a 0 or 1 guard? or did you let everything grow out? apply Topik?

and at what point did you just let it do its thing and watch it grow out?

trying to figure out my strategy. I also don't want to interfere with the process and I am not sure if buzzing the recipient hair (i.e. the grafts) is a bad idea during this delicate 3-4 month phase

Edited by HarryHonolulu

• 4 weeks later...

I kept mine buzzed really short until month 3 when I started noticing little sprouts. By month 4, I had decent growth and everything was growing in uniform. 

Wait until you see those little sprouts then stop with the clippers and let everything do its magic. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

12 hours ago, jj51702 said:

Harry

I would ask your doctor about using clippers on your recipient area that soon. My doctor recommends no clippers in the recipient for the first 5 months.

Always a good rule. When in doubt, check with your surgeon. There are a lot of discrepancies when it comes to post-op care, timelines, etc. so if you're ever unsure, get an official answer from your surgeon... 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56