Sun exposure

You are freaking out for no reason. I said SUNBURN....I did not say that sun itself will do anything. However, to get sunburn you obviously need to be exposed to the sun.

Also, most windows....car, house, etc...have UV protection. You have zero to worry about.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, matt3480 said:

You are freaking out for no reason. I said SUNBURN....I did not say that sun itself will do anything. However, to get sunburn you obviously need to be exposed to the sun.

Also, most windows....car, house, etc...have UV protection. You have zero to worry about.

This is probably a ridiculous question but I’m curious if artificial light (light bulbs, tv/computer screens, etc.) would have a similar effect or not matter at all?

On 9/17/2018 at 12:50 AM, matt3480 said:

only from UVB which is far lesser of UVA in terms of capacity to damage and ratio. That's why i'm concerned and looking for some anecdotal evidence of people who have walked in moderate levels of sun, say daylight for a few hours most days as is usual (but not in scorching weather) and still got great results. I really dont understand why a vet or two cant just chime in on the subject? please :)

3 hours ago, literalno said:

only from UVB which is far lesser of UVA in terms of capacity to damage and ratio. That's why i'm concerned and looking for some anecdotal evidence of people who have walked in moderate levels of sun, say daylight for a few hours most days as is usual (but not in scorching weather) and still got great results. I really dont understand why a vet or two cant just chime in on the subject? please :)

By now you must realize that your perfect scenario may not be answered.  My first transplant I took 2 weeks off work and stayed covered all the time, but as I returned to work people would have thought it odd for me to wear a hat for an office job.  My hatless exposure was for 15 minutes at a time, but that was also in November when the sun was less intense, and I had no damage.  You need a select group who work outside and don't cover.  The answer to your question will only come from a very select group who may or may not even see this post.  I wish you luck, and think you may be overconcerned, but don't get frustrated if your message is not reaching the ones you want to hear from. 

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More