don174

Propecia and having kids

What’s the rule regarding taking propecia and trying to have kids. My HT surgeon said to stop 1 month before and then use protection once pregnant. I’ve ready so many different views on this topic. Any thoughts from drs or anyone else with experience ?

thanx

Its always up for debate this topic.

In my personal experience i spoke to a few Drs at the time my wife and i were contemplating making attempts at having children. I also spoke to several people taking the medication who had no issues with pregnancy. 

I had been on finasteride 1mg daily for 10 years with excellent results /response. The secret essentially to my overall success. I decided to continue to take the medication. We conceived TWINS ( boy /girl ) at very first attempt. They are now 11 years old. 

So in my opinion finasteride is a fertility drug .. 😄 This is a joke!

I think the reality of the situ is far too much unwarrented negativity placed on the topic and in my opinion simply keep the medication out of reach of pregnant wife as you would a lite bunsen burner. Its not rocket science. I can only speak from personal experience and this is my opinion.

So many attribute finasteride to causing infertility.....Fact of the matter is infertility is sooooooooo common regardless of finasteride so have your eyes open going into it.

https://youtu.be/vkxn8PBiQIk

Regards

SPEX

Edited by spex

Visit my website for my Free Ebook www.SpexHair.com  You can read my regular columns for The Telegraph and The Huffington Post, Apetogentleman and Vitabiotics via my site and you'll find a great deal out about me and the industry there! 

I am patient advisor for The Harley St Hair Clinic, Dr. Scott Alexander, Dr. William Lindsey and Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. I am salaried by all the surgeons I represent.

Thanx spex for the info

any other thoughts? Any medical professionals able to comment on this ?

thanx

You are welcome. Information on my site too on finasteride 😎

Regards

SPEX

Visit my website for my Free Ebook www.SpexHair.com  You can read my regular columns for The Telegraph and The Huffington Post, Apetogentleman and Vitabiotics via my site and you'll find a great deal out about me and the industry there! 

I am patient advisor for The Harley St Hair Clinic, Dr. Scott Alexander, Dr. William Lindsey and Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. I am salaried by all the surgeons I represent.

I have 3 kids and was on finasteride the entire time. My wife had no problems getting pregnant. I’ve been on it for 19 years now taking a pill everyday with no problems. 

If you read what Merck has published, you will find that the apparent risk is to females handling the drug before, during, and after pregnancy.

To my understanding,  a test using rhesus monkeys was conducted and when the males were given low dose finasteride, it had no negative impact regarding conception to the female nor any defects to the fetus.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Jim Harris, Denver, CO - Dr. Robert True & Dr. Robert Dorin, New York, NY