Looking to get hair-line transplant only - can you wear a hair piece over the scars for 4 months?

Hello,

I am looking to get about 1800 grafts max to really cover my temples and maybe lower the entire frontal hair line, and natural widows peak, by like 0.5 cm. Anyways, I am very scared for the pink scars in the recipient area to be seen as I doubt I could take more than 2 weeks off of work. Anyways, is it possible to get a custom hairpiece, and wear it over the scars for 4 months while the area heals? thanks!

Definitely ask your doctor to make sure a hair piece won't harm your grafts and affect their growth potential. I would think suffocating your grafts like that and like letting them breath could potentially damage them?

Also, I don't know if a frontal piece only would look natural...

I’m getting hairline work n temple work done with 2000 grafts .. I’ve been growing my top hair longer so I can comb it forward after surgery .. which I’m already doing , so when I get surgery people won’t notice anything .. u should try that .. like a Justin’s Bieber kinda look .. swooped to the side a bit ..  

Hi there, i'm currently 6 months post op from having a hair transplant on my hairline and let me tell you if you grow out your hair long enough on top beforehand you wont need a hair piece.

I took 2 weeks off from work to get my procedure and when i returned not one person clocked on that i had anything done, they all just thought i had decided on a change of hairstyle. If you have a look through my post there are photos of how i styled my hair after surgery.

All the best!

I also think it's a better idea to grow the surrounding hair longer to cover the grafted area.

There really should not be any prominent scarring from the recipient incisions.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY