propecia and sex drive

wrath

I was wondering is it a good idea to stop propecia for a couple of weeks say 2 and then go back on and take a 1mg pill every other day.. as I have experienced some erectile difficulties, and I was very normal before taking the pill.. I have been on propecia for 4 months now.. I have had a hair transplant consisting of 2720 grafts...

I'm trying to see if it is really the propecia or maybe just in my head!!

iT IS one of the known side effects so it is not in your head mate,I had a similar problem and that was on a half dose.My main problem was that it gave me aching nuts that drove me crazy and when I stopped it took 7 weeks for it to go away!!!!.Also lowered sex drive. I think some guys bodies are not able to have considerably lowered DHT levels so I stopped after 3 months.I have no loss in the back or crown just the front and top so i will ride it out and get more HTS if i need to.Not worth ruining your personal life over.Best not to mess aroung with your hormonal balance if you r getting these symptoms.Some guys have no probs and some do,its a lottery!.

HT 2006/7

Try taking 1mg of propecia just M-W-F. That is what alot of HT Dr's suggest. The 1mg propecia (Fin) will stay in your system for 72 hours. The for first month I noticed an issue with the sex drive and then all is normal now or even better. I have been on FIN for 5 months today. If you invested in a HT than you should follow the system for success rogaine once a day and 1 mg of Fin M-W-F. And wash your hair with Nizoral 1% or 2% three times a week. That is the plan I was given by Dr. Cooley and I am sticking to it. The propecia is stop or slow down the future hair loss in the crown area.

Good luck!

Is there any sort of consensus on fin EOD? I guess with specific respect to efficacy and then sexual side-effects....Cooley, apparently, is pro-EOD.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

Is there any sort of consensus on fin EOD? I guess with specific respect to efficacy and then sexual side-effects....Cooley, apparently, is pro-EOD.

Thana,

My own personal opinion is that Cooley's instructions have been mistaken somewhat, perhaps even by me.

But, what he told me was to take 1 mg Propecia once daily, but when I opted for 5 mg Proscar he said to split a pill and take it M-W-F. I read his post on the topic a couple months ago and I believe he's talking about the 5mg when discussing EOD treatments.

Maybe, in cases of sexual sides it is beneficial to take Propecia EOD, but I never had issues with that....(other than just being an old guy.)

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Interesting, D....I'm going to try to follow up on this with some docs and find some concrete opinions.

I can't say for certain if the fin is whacking out my mojo, but it can't be helping, and if the efficacy remains comparable (which has been *speculated* by many) I'd like to give it a whirl.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I would stop the propecia for 2 weeks and see. If it is the culprit, you should know by then and make the choice of resuming propecia, possibly with an ED medication; or stopping altogether. I had to do the latter.

Still, one never knows if just taking the pill with a potential, and unlikely side effect, gives you that side effect just from worrying about it.

...or just getting older.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians