Rogaine Results

drmstx

Did anyone ever come across some before/after pictures of the effects of Rogaine/Minoxidil and Finasteride? Either on this forum or anywhere online? I am talking about just the results of the medications, without any HT performed on them.

I am just curious, because I have been on rogaine and propecia for almost a year now and the shedding has not really stopped. At this rate, I might have to go for 5-6 HTs, the thought of which is kinda scary.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my site,there are before and after photos of myself on Propecia and when I discontinued it, I have always been on rogaine ,so I cannot show you any pics of me without using rogaine. I assure you that I wouldnt have any hair at all with the use of rogaine Here is my link to my site harley2222's Hair Restoration Site

Originally posted by drmstx:

I am just curious, because I have been on rogaine and propecia for almost a year now and the shedding has not really stopped. At this rate, I might have to go for 5-6 HTs, the thought of which is kinda scary.

has the shedding been continuous since day one or are the sheds in intervals? have you seen any success since starting your treatment within the year?

It's possibly your hair loss is very agressive and in that case I don't think finasteride will work. You may want to amp it up to dutasteride. You'll see results with dut within the first 3-4 months, then they will go, then they will return, then they will go again BADLY and then they will return DENSE.

Dut is king. Nuff said.

Rogaine will grow hair anywhere you apply it. Ofcourse it works in the middle and the hairline. Rogaine cant say it does because their studies used only the crown area. I had to tie a bandana around my forehead everytime I applied rogaine because I was growing hairs on my forehead because it always dripped down.

Originally posted by Einstein:

I had to tie a bandana around my forehead everytime I applied rogaine because I was growing hairs on my forehead because it always dripped down.

LOL. Are you sure you're not exaggerating a little there buddy?

So DUT is way better than FINA? What about the vast increase in side effects due to far more inhibition of 5-AR enzymes and multiple forms of them over the FINA? And you say you lose, gain, lose, then gain well in the end? Strange progression. Same with FINA? I just started, as I had FUT this week. Minox worked great for me.

Originally posted by HughShaw:
Originally posted by Einstein:

I had to tie a bandana around my forehead everytime I applied rogaine because I was growing hairs on my forehead because it always dripped down.

LOL. Are you sure you're not exaggerating a little there buddy?

No I really don't have time to come here and bs with kids or exaggerate. I was growing small hairs on my damn forehead and right inbetween the areas of my temple and end of eye brow. If you do a little more research you will learn that there are a large number of people who've reported the samething, not just me. If you didn't know that about minoxidil, then you have a lot to learn. Minox is like the basics.

Start applying minoxidil on a small area of your arm. Come back a few later and report the growth you see.

Thanks Einstein. Will talk to my fam. doc for DUT.

About Rogaine growing hair in places other than the crown, I know there are people on this forum who swear by the fact that Rogaine helped them grow hair in the middle and front as well. I remember reading something to that effect here on this forum a few months ago. Unfortunately, Rogaine has not helped me at all, and also I lost more hair because of it. icon_frown.gif