2000-2500 grafts?

Hey all-

I consulted with my fav doc in the world. Great guy.

It's the age old dilemma.

I'm a NW4, creeping into 5 territory.

The doc suggested 3500 FUT or 2000-2500 FUE.

His results are always stunning.

I don't like the idea of a linear scar and, theoretically, I feel much safer doing FUE.

But...

Could this decision backfire at all?

If I do 2000 FUE as a first session, then maybe another 2000 later down the line - will I be happy with where I end up, and will my donor still look okay if I shave my head or if I cut it short? Bearing in mind that the doc is an ex plastic surgeon and only gets stellar results.

Thanks,

HH

Of course there will be a difference between 3500 and 2500, but that difference can be made up with a second procedure. This is assuming that your donor isn't well below average.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

If you are a candidate then I don't see why you can't address your frontal area now, with it in mind to treat the rest later. This is a strategy that gives a natural result, even with loss behind the transplanted area. That is assuming you are in a position to undergo multiple procedures. I'm saying all this blind as you don't have photos.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I’ve always been an advocate for FUE over strip surgery. I never wanted that lengthy scar to deal with. I had my first surgery in 2012 when I was a NW6. I had my second surgery a couple years later (2,000 grafts) to fill in and thicken some areas. I’m posting a picture that I’ve shown many times but you may not have seen it. This picture shows my donor area after about 1,750 grafts were harvested during my first surgery. As you can see, there is no real visible scarring to be concerned with. If I wore my hair very short, no one would notice anything. You can see my entire journey at MyFUEhairTransplant.com. Keep us posted with pictures on this website.

Left%252BDonor%252BPre.JPG

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...