Oily scalp maybe related to HT

Aprox. 4-5 hours after i wash my hair and scalp, my forehead near the hairline and my scalp near the hairline starts to get oily.

After about 10-12 hours its really oily.

If i run my middle finger across my forehead near the hairline it looks like i just dropped my finger in a bottle off oil.

-anybody knows why that is?

I have had 2 hairtransplants and both of Them mostly around the hairline.

i Also wash my hair/scalp ALOT mainly because of This problem?

If i dont wash it alot Then it looks really oily and nasty.

-could overwashing be the cause? Or is that just a myth?

I tried nizoral 2% recently but it doesnt seems to do anything.

I Also tried to massage oil on scalp and Also cream but doesnt seems to do anything either.

Tried washing with cold water, doesnt seems to do anything either.

Anybody with same problem?

I would give my left nut if someone could help me fix This problem :)

• Administrators

Nice to see you back Johnny,

Sounds like you have overactive sebaceous glands referred to as (Seborrhea), these are the glands that produce sebum. I don’t believe a hair transplant has any effects on these glands. The following agents have been known to regulate the sebaceous glands hope this info helps.

Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid

Niacinamide

Yeast Extract

Horse Chestnut Extract

Acrylates Copolymer (micro sponges)

Sarcosine

Zinc Gluconate

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Melvin has given you some outstanding information and advice. I’m not so sure that your hair transplant or shall I say, both of them are related to your oily scalp. But I suppose if the sebaceous glands have been stimulated in someway by the surgery, it’s possible I suppose that is related. However, there are ways to help regulate it as Melvin already stated. So perhaps you can try one of the products he suggested. On the other hand, you could certainly consult with a dermatologist or even your hair transplant surgeon to teen additional advice.

Best wishes,

Bill

Apriciate your responses.

the thing is, the oilyness is mainly in the reciepted area.

So if the hairtransplants isn’t the Reason, Then why is it mainly in these areas that recieved grafts?

I Will try to look into these supplement suggested.

But does Any actually have the same problem as me and managed to find a solution?

Johnny,

I also have very oily skin. I have noticed that switching to a sulphate free shampoo has helped to reduce the oiliness.

Also, as a face wash try and avoid sulphates in face washes etc.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Johnny,

I also have very oily skin. I have noticed that switching to a sulphate free shampoo has helped to reduce the oiliness.

Also, as a face wash try and avoid sulphates in face washes etc.

Hey split

For the last 1-2 weeks ive been using baby shampoo.

Isn’t that free of sulfate?

It doesnt seems to make Any difference regarding the oil Production :(

Maybe it needs more time?

Could it be that my scalp is dried out because of overwashing, wich makes my skin producing more oil?

i really Think that the oilyness is affecting and contributing to further hairloss.

wish i just knew the Reason.

i didnt have This problem a few years back.

When i Think about it, i am allmost certain it started after i went Down the hairtransplant route

Johnny,

Baby shampoo is not sulfate free. You need to get a shampoo that is free of any kind of sulphate like sodium Laureth sulphate, sodium lauryl sulphate, ammonium lauryl sulphate, sodium myreth sulphate etc.

Just look at the ingredients.

I found that after switching to sulphate free, my hair was less oily in about two weeks or so, even with washing daily. I could even skip days without my hair looking greasy.

Washing daily is considered normal, as long as you use a sulphate free shampoo, it's not overwashing.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

Johnny,

Baby shampoo is not sulfate free. You need to get a shampoo that is free of any kind of sulphate like sodium Laureth sulphate, sodium lauryl sulphate, ammonium lauryl sulphate, sodium myreth sulphate etc.

Just look at the ingredients.

I found that after switching to sulphate free, my hair was less oily in about two weeks or so, even with washing daily. I could even skip days without my hair looking greasy.

Washing daily is considered normal, as long as you use a sulphate free shampoo, it's not overwashing.

Ok i Will try to find one and se if it helps

• Administrators
Yeah this is very cool .. the grafting could be very good to give you the best results.

Please change your avatar as it is promotional, also if you’re a clinic representative you must include that in your forum signature-thanks Melvin

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.