Dr. Arocha - PRP - 8 Month Before and After Results

Dr. Arocha and his team performed our PRP (platelet-rich plasma therapy) with ACell on this patient. The after images were taken 8 months after his initial PRP treatment. For those unfamiliar, PRP is a non-surgical therapy designed to utilize your own platelet blood cells to activate dormant hair follicles, which can sometimes improve thinning hair.

Before:original.jpeg

After:original.jpeg

After: original.jpeg

Before: original.jpeg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your question. PRP duration of benefit is dependent upon each individual patient's condition, response to therapy, as well as use of additional medical therapies such Rogaine, Propecia (in males) and laser therapy. Benefits can be prolonged when the injections are done in a series.

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

• Valued Contributor
Why not do this like real research documentation? Microscopic hair analysis per cm2 over areas treated with statistical before/after and hair shaft size/#/etc...

That’s a very interesting thought. I’ve often wondered this myself. It would be greatly appreciated by most people researching hair restoration to see the numbers involved in this type of procedure.

• Valued Contributor
Thanks for your question. PRP duration of benefit is dependent upon each individual patient's condition, response to therapy, as well as use of additional medical therapies such Rogaine, Propecia (in males) and laser therapy. Benefits can be prolonged when the injections are done in a series.

Is it possible to say what might be an average for how long it lasts/how often a patient comes back?

That’s a very interesting thought. I’ve often wondered this myself. It would be greatly appreciated by most people researching hair restoration to see the numbers involved in this type of procedure.

Cooley documents certain cases w/statistics. I'm sure it's a huge pain in the butt - but how else will the community get a feel for if this is hype or a treatment for the masses?

I'd like to see controlled studies and all that kind of research.

Looks like there is an improvement for sure.

Would have been interesting to see the results with the same hair length for an apple to apple comparison.

Definitely looks better but in some shots of the crown seems like he has a combover to cover the crown.

Hi Steeve, JJsrader and Andy,

Thank you for your questions and comments. These are certainly interesting thoughts and our purpose here is to educate patients who might be considering a hair restoration procedure. We know it's such a difficult decision and (hopefully) much thought goes into choosing the best surgeon for your particular case. I'll talk to Dr. Arocha about conducting a study.

Andy, thanks for reaching out. Please keep in mind that these are still kind of early results for this single PRP treatment. However, you can see that there is growth where there wasn't any before. There has also been reversal of the miniaturization. While we would also love to have our patients come back in with the exact same hairstyle, it's rarely possible. So we do try our best to take images from the same angles to give you the best comparison possible.