Dr Farjo Recommendations?

hello soleman,i had two sessions with the farjos and i am quite happy with my results.

i could probably do with a third just to add some more density as i started as a nw5/6.

take a look at my past posts/gallery and hairblog.

other farjo patients posting on here are fallenstar,longpig,brian boro,irish numpty to name a few.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Thanks balody, very helpful. I think your results are good, especially considering the size of the area requiring coverage. Do you mind me asking what your procedures cost? I don't mind at all if this is private. Thanks again. J.

PS balody- have you ever used any kind of topical thickeners. I have used dermatch for some time and find it works really well but my hair is becomming a bit thin now to support it but it looks really natural and the results are great as long as there is a base of hair, might work quite well for you. Thanks again, J.

Hi I had a procedure with Dr Bessam Farjo.

Read my posts to see the post op results.

Cannot recommend his work highly enough.

But you should evaluate all clinics to gather enough information to base your decision on.

The after care with Farjo's is exellent and I am regularly contacted by the clinic to see if everything is ok.

Other clinics you could look at are Feller, Hasson and Wong, Shapiro and Ferudini.

These are world class, anyway if you need any help just let me know.

Good Luck.

no i haven't tried dermatch,i bought some nano fibres about 6 months back and used it once.

i really feel uncomfortable using concealers as it feels a bit fake(and i'm quite lazy icon_rolleyes.gif)

i bought it mainly for when i was going out(bbq etc)and there were photos being taken,then i get fully "faked up"contact lenses,eye make up,maybe a little lippy lol.

as for price,cant remember off hand but they did give me a discount for waiting for a cancellation.

my advice is get in touch with mick mchugh and he can tell you the prices at present.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

hi soleman,

as mentioned by other Farjo patients, u wont go wrong with their work.

i had 2 procedure and everything from my initial consultation till now has been 100% spot on.

if u wanna see results, pls check out my blog as well as others.

good luck with ur decision

FS

just remembered another one "goonerboy"

hey fs hows the crown coming along?i tried to look at your blog for updates a few weeks back but it had disappeared icon_eek.gif

just had a look at your 5 month pics, any updates?

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

hi Mte,

nice to hear from u again,

i think my blog wasn't enabled for some reason but is on now.

friends & family now suspect something going on :-)

asking what i use for hair treatment...:-)) will milk it for while..

my crown is coming through really nicely & its really bringing the whole mop from the top together now, amazing cuz, feels like 10 yrs ago...u can tell i am getting carried away...but what the hell... was worth it going through this last procedure..great decision for me, couldnt be happier.

how r things with mte, AOk i hope, r u going to add some recent pics.

i intend to add some around nxt few months.

talk to ya soon,

FS

Hi sole-man

My name is Richie and I'm from the UK , I had a consultation with Farjo , They were always polite but I think we were on a different page .

I eventually went to see Dr Feller in New York , had a great holiday and had 2100 crown grafts with one of the worlds best , it was easy and , due to the favourable exchange rates in November 2007 , it worked out cheaper than settling for the UK .

Here is a link to my 19 month update

http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/449105092

Take a look .

Sole-man you haven't stated if it's the front or crown but like balody and fallenstar have already said crowns do take alot longer to mature but my results have been well worth it .

Hey balody and fallenstar how about a new update , I was always interested in your progress with you own jouneys with crown work .

I hope that helps

Richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

I went to Fargo in Manchester a few years ago but found it to sales orientated. Each to their own though.

Spent 5 mins with Dr Fargo who told me what he would do without asking me what I wanted!

After a few more years, I finally had 3000 grafts with Dr Feller, NY.

Don't let the travel or the cost factor get in your way. Just research thorougly like I did for years. I certainly didn't rush into anything.

At the end of it, you might decide to use a UK surgeon or as I did, use a US surgeon.

• 1 month later...

Hi Sole Man

I underwent a 2198fu session in 2008.The result is excellent,good density-outstanding work.I think they are as good as any USA/CANADIAN doctors.You can see my results for yourself on this website under Dr Bessam Farjo patients.

best wishes GREG 2198 GRAFTS feb 2008

• 1 month later...

folks.new to this forum.....looking for recommendations who is best for around 1000 grafts to scalp.....went to wimpole clinic last month but was unsure of dr may and his answers to various questions...is the chap farjo meant to be the best in uk??????

help!!!!!!!

Sparky,

I don't know what your experience is...but if you don't know anything about the Farjo clinic, how can you say every clinic in the UK should be avoided at all costs? This is an old and outdated dogma that's died long ago by those who stay up to date on leading clinics around the world.

In my opinion, the Farjo clinic is doing work on par with leading surgeons in the United States and Canada.

You can see dozens of examples of their work in the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" section of the forum along with patient results on Dr. Bessam Farjo's and Dr. Nilofer Farjo's Coalition profiles.

Additionally, Patrick Hennessey, the Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network visits clinics and observes doctors and their staff perform live surgery. Those clinics that use state of the art techniques and do impressive work are featured in the "Visits to Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" section of the forum. To see Pat's review of the Farjo clinic with photos, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi guys. I am yet undecided as to whether to use farjo or not. I am concerned about the UK surgeons reputation but will certainly give him the benefit of the doubt and have a consultation with him. The results on his website certainly look good. I am going to use nizorol, minoxidil and propecia for a year prior to making a decision in order to reduce shock loss and try to avoid or slow further hair loss. This seems to be strongly recommended throughout this site and I will not argue as you all seem to know your stuff. Thanks, J

I havent seen any pictures anywhere that could convince me that Farjo or Rogers are doing work that is as good as the USA. I've looked at pictures on thier websites, and the quality doesnt look as good as the USA.

We also have celebs over here that have had HT's done by these docs fairly recently and they look like HT's IMO.

The guy in the moving picture on Farjo's profile page, was not done by Farjo, I met him years ago, he was working for Wellsbourne, and his HT was done by a clinic that used to operate just off Oxford Street. It wasnt Farjo.

I dont have anything against Farjo, but I should be allowed to say whether or not I think he is as good as Feller for example, and I dont think that he is, based on my observations of both of thier work.

I dont want to argue with you , I know that I will lose.

Just seen this post and for the record the guy mentioned was actually done by Dr Farjo.Although it was a long time ago and we certainly would not have considered even keeping him on our website. The reason we did is that he is advertised by a different clinic as being their patient.As far as i am aware he never had work done elsewhere but cannot confirm this.Personally i think that Sole man has adopted the right approach and is looking at the bigger picture rather than just short term gain.More should take a leaf from his book and give this approach greater credence.

Sparky should you ever consider surgery ask to meet patients rather than relying on pictures, it will give you a truer picture of what can be achieved.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I've been burnt by UK clinics, hence my continued distrust of anyone here. I met Greg about 9 years ago, and he said he had his transplant about 8 years before that, and the clinic he told me that he had it done at was not Farjo, but he was working for Wellsbourne then so I'm inclined to believe you over him, as they were a very dodgy clinic and gave me a low and fairly wide strip scar.

I think I have seen Gregs picture advertised by more hair clinics than anybody else, I even saw Norton using his picture once.

After this thread I would consider using Farjo if you did FUE, as I'm never letting another strip leave my head as long as I live. I'm going for repair in October to get the scar filled via FUE, and some of my Wellsbourne mis-angled hairs redistributed, and then I'm returning in Feb next year to refine my hairline so I wont have to touch that part of my head with HT's again.

I havent lost any hair at all since 2002 when I had my last HT done.