Loving certain mirrors over others

Many of you see me replying to form topics on a daily basis but for the most part, I don’t share many of my own personal stories. This is because, like most people who restored their hair, they almost forget after a while that they were ever bald or experienced any signs of hair loss. It’s interesting though, because I would be completely bald on top in a Norwood 5A, borderline Norwood 6 pattern without hair transplant surgery. So people would probably think, that somebody with such extensive hair loss at a time would never forget their once upon a time bald appearance. However, thankfully, I don’t think about my own hair all that much which is the whole point of her transplant surgery. Are used to be so insecure about my baldness that all ever thought about was hair, my hair, having hair, any hair. But today, I go about my business and don’t really ever think about my own hair, only helping others with hair loss. BUT...

The other day I had a rare opportunity. My first house, not the one I grew up in, but the one I bought and lived in for about 10 years, went up for sale. Now I know this sounds completely unrelated, but if you look at the topic of this discussion, you might begin to see what I am getting at. I underwent all 4 hair transplant procedures in that house, staring in the same mirror from the time I was completely bald, all the way up until completion and time after of my fourth and final hair transplant. I grew very fond of that mirror, because as my hair was growing in, I went from seeing a bald man in, to see a man with what almost appeared to be a full looking head of hair. So I decided to make an appointment to visit my old house. My main intention wasn’t to look in the mirror to see my new hair, it was mostly to see how my old house in the neighborhood had changed. But as I was going through the house and found my way into the upstairs bathroom, I remembered all those years of looking in the mirror and transitioning from bald to hairy.

I hadn’t seen my hair in that mirror now for over six years and someone recently, I decided to start growing my hair out bit, much longer than it is in my profile picture. Currently, my hair is in between styling phases so I often wear a hat to try and train it much like the old days when I grew my hair in high school and had to do the same thing. So long story short, I was very happy to look in my old bathroom mirror to see a man with a very full and fix looking head of hair that can be styled and grown in any way that I wish. They even had one of those vanity mirrors in the bathroom so I was able to look at the sides and back and top of my scalp. Even the fitting crown area looked pretty thick in that mirror which I was always happy about and why I typically always loved that mirror showing natural lighting over other ones with harsh, bright lighting over top.

My only regret is that I did not take any pictures of my hair while I was in there especially since it would’ve been pretty difficult holding a big mirror and taking pictures at the same time all while trying to do all this without the realtor wondering why I am in the bathroom so long.

At some point, although it won’t be in that mirror, since my hair does look pretty good in any mirror, I will take some updated pictures and share them with everybody especially since my hair is getting longer. I think I will wait until my hair actually grows to a length I want it at since I am currently trying to train my hair back with a hat.

So there is my story, here’s my question for you. Are there any mirrors in your house or elsewhere that you prefer looking at your hair in over others?

Best wishes,

Bill

Pretty awesome post! I know how you feel but with regards to LASIK. I used to have beyond bad vision and had to plan whether each day was a "contacts or glasses" day. Years later, I can barely remember what it was like to have bad vision. This is one of the factors motivating me to really get this hair transplant figured out as soon as possible - knowing that a year later, 2 years later...this whole issue can be behind me forever and I can move on with life. If only I could just snap my fingers...

• Administrators

Interesting topic Bill, I’ve lived in my current condo since late 2013, I’ve essentially gone from completely bald to the head of hair I have now, I know I won’t live here forever, eventually would like to buy a house and sell the condo, but I’ve gone through so many things in these 5 years, I just hope I can look back as you did.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.