5000 grafts FUE

I just did an online consultation with Erdogan and his office quoted me 5000 grafts FUE, done over two days.

Another Doctor here in the U.S. quoted me 3000 grafts FUE, done in one day, and explained that since my hair loss looks quite stable I most likely wouldn't need more grafts.

Two very different approaches.

How does one choose? Should I be weary of Erdogan's mega session approach?

Harry,

Judging from your pics, the 3000 graft quote takes into account that you are currently taking medication to preserve your existing hair and you have prepared your hair for possible risk of shockloss following surgery. I would say that 3000-3500 grafts combined with what you already have will give a result that judging from your posts I think you will be happy with. Your native hair will possibly continue to recede albeit at a slower pace due to your use of meds. You may well need another top up surgery in 5-10 years time or maybe you won't. I had 3305 grafts with a similar but more advanced balding pattern to yours and now 3.5 years on, I am nowhere near requiring a further surgery. This approach also looks at the more long term picture, it is unpredictable how your hair loss will pan out over time so it keeps more of your precious grafts banked for future hair loss.

The 5000 graft surgery may well assume you will definitely lose most of your native hair so takes this into account. It offers you a one time big fix whether you need it or not. Again coupled with your existing hair it will theoretically give you a fuller look for the possible short term.

Both approaches are acceptable, it's your decision on what approach you feel will work for you based on your hair loss experience and other factors including your own family balding pattern history.

Edited by Shera