Spotting the Phony Posts -

voxman

I thought it would be instructive to pass on the tell tale signs of phony or troll posts that are designed to blantantly advertise a surgeon or clinic we have never heard of.

First off, it will invariably be the poster's 1st post:

HappyHeadHarry Junior Member Posts: 1

The TITLE of the post will be extremely effusive with a minor spelling error.

I NEVER THOUGHT MY LIFE WOULD BE SO WIONDERFUL AND FULFILLING!!!

Then the introduction ~ they can't help pointing out to you that they are extremely intelligent and note that they always have a friend or mate who turns them on a HT - like they never thought of it on their own. AND they sprinkle in a Celebrity Name. And again, the spelling and odd phrase.

Whilst in Graduate school seeking my PHD in Quantum Super Spherical Physics, I noticed that my hair was loosing ad thinning and it was affecting my siocial life. Then at Cheer Club I caught up with my High School mate who had hair like DAVID BECKHAM and I was amazed when he told me that just lays year he too was hair fall!

Ah...then he pretends to do research until finding that magical Doctor.

I researched exteensively and stopped in for several consultation until I found Dr. Sandahay Kookabura at the Natural Beauty Happy Nail and Freeze Dried Cosmetic Center School. I was so lucky!

Then, no description of the procedure, FUE or FUT, graft count, tech info, etc....just a happy experience and done. And growth in record time! And he already forget who the Dr. was.

So I got it done adn it was totally painless! And now 6 month later I had thick, luxurious yet manageable hairs and I am already married to a Victoria Secrets Model and drive a Tesla! Check out the photos!! All praise to Dr. Klienstrahooey. And Thank you Beauty Happy Nail and Freeze Dried Cosmetic Center School in Harlokhfy, New Zealand. Next to Kit's Laundry.

And then the undisputed proof~ the PICTURES! Invariably lifted from some site somewhere, the last attempt at legitimacy. Maybe the same head, maybe not. Hmmmmmm....

So, the morale is - wherever and whenever there is a phony post, Voxman will shed light and keep the HT world safe.

It's what I do

5b32f955847ce_typicalbald.jpg.089f7a627cca7ca3a7c2ede56d525d69.jpg

5b32f9558eedc_afterphoto.jpg.c00a534bb3de630d650ac032de90b234.jpg

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I thought it would be instructive to pass on the tell tale signs of phony or troll posts that are designed to blantantly advertise a surgeon or clinic we have never heard of.

First off, it will invariably be the poster's 1st post:

HappyHeadHarry Junior Member Posts: 1

The TITLE of the post will be extremely effusive with a minor spelling error.

I NEVER THOUGHT MY LIFE WOULD BE SO WIONDERFUL AND FULFILLING!!!

Then the introduction ~ they can't help pointing out to you that they are extremely intelligent and note that they always have a friend or mate who turns them on a HT - like they never thought of it on their own. AND they sprinkle in a Celebrity Name. And again, the spelling and odd phrase.

Whilst in Graduate school seeking my PHD in Quantum Super Spherical Physics, I noticed that my hair was loosing ad thinning and it was affecting my siocial life. Then at Cheer Club I caught up with my High School mate who had hair like DAVID BECKHAM and I was amazed when he told me that just lays year he too was hair fall!

Ah...then he pretends to do research until finding that magical Doctor.

I researched exteensively and stopped in for several consultation until I found Dr. Sandahay Kookabura at the Natural Beauty Happy Nail and Freeze Dried Cosmetic Center School. I was so lucky!

Then, no description of the procedure, FUE or FUT, graft count, tech info, etc....just a happy experience and done. And growth in record time! And he already forget who the Dr. was.

So I got it done adn it was totally painless! And now 6 month later I had thick, luxurious yet manageable hairs and I am already married to a Victoria Secrets Model and drive a Tesla! Check out the photos!! All praise to Dr. Klienstrahooey. And Thank you Beauty Happy Nail and Freeze Dried Cosmetic Center School in Harlokhfy, New Zealand. Next to Kit's Laundry.

And then the undisputed proof~ the PICTURES! Invariably lifted from some site somewhere, the last attempt at legitimacy. Maybe the same head, maybe not. Hmmmmmm....

So, the morale is - wherever and whenever there is a phony post, Voxman will shed light and keep the HT world safe.

It's what I do

except the great results I get to see on this website, only your surgical comments make me smile or even laugh.. keep it coming :)

• Moderators

Come on now Vox. Those before and after pictures you posted are obviously the result of topically applying the natural oil extract of the yugrow plant found in China. The Chinese have been using it for thousands of years to keep their hair growing thick and lustrous and now for just $89.95 per monthly supply you can purchase this little known secret natural oil extract and get results like you posted in just 3 months.

Try to keep up with the latest news, Vox!

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Voxman,

I like the idea of this post. I think it might be a good idea to write a more general article on this and even pin it to the top. The truth is, there are not too many phonies but they do exist. And members and guests should beware. Frankly, this forum has the most legitimate posts than any other, but once in awhile you see those who are just trying to promote a doctor with fictitious pictures.

Do you know the highest search term for hair restoration related material on Google is still "Bosley"? That's because there are still so many who believe the ads they see and don't understand the entire process. I'm sure there are some excellent physicians at Bosley, but typically, new physicians start there and don't have much experience. That's scary given how delicate follicular unit grafts are. Thus, it's crucial that our community continue growing to educate more people.

Best wishes,

Bill

Gotta say this was hilarious, and yet induced a sense of eye-twitching rage in its accuracy of aping the scammy sh!ts that weasel their way in here and try to prey on people's hopes to steal their money and leave them scarred for life. Ugh.. They make me so irritated! It could have been any one of our naive, younger selves getting suckered by these sociopathic criminals and posting horror stories right here later on.

Still, definitely a great and perceptive write-up Vox! :)