Is this normal 6 days out?

As per the picture you'll notice a small bare spot in the second pic as compared to the first. Where previously it looked like there were more hairs/grafts there.

I know I havnt dislodged any grafts and have been following all post op instructions to the letter pretty much. Is this beginning of the grafts/crusts dropping off? Any input appreciated as I thought 5/6 days is a bit early for any shedding.

IMG_6884.thumb.jpg.8a7122f98ac952fcd0007b5311afa6cd.jpg

IMG_6883.thumb.jpg.34d8d38aa0d82db09e40be45bf42b963.jpg

• Moderators

It looks normal. The scabs are forming and breaking apart. Sometimes that can look like empty spots. Try not to be so critical of every little spot on your head and whether there was a graft there or not. Let the process run its course for the next few months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

As per the picture you'll notice a small bare spot in the second pic as compared to the first. Where previously it looked like there were more hairs/grafts there.

I know I havnt dislodged any grafts and have been following all post op instructions to the letter pretty much. Is this beginning of the grafts/crusts dropping off? Any input appreciated as I thought 5/6 days is a bit early for any shedding.

Looks normal to me. One thing i'd advise is don't pick off the scabs. My doctor advised me to begin shampooing the scalp normally 3 days post op. If the scabs don't come off with normal shampooing (i.e. massaging the scalp with shampoo) they're not ready to come off.

It looks normal. The scabs are forming and breaking apart. Sometimes that can look like empty spots. Try not to be so critical of every little spot on your head and whether there was a graft there or not. Let the process run its course for the next few months.

Thanks. And yeah it's a lot harder than I thought not analysing the recepient every day for changes ! Will try my best hahaha

Looks normal to me. One thing i'd advise is don't pick off the scabs. My doctor advised me to begin shampooing the scalp normally 3 days post op. If the scabs don't come off with normal shampooing (i.e. massaging the scalp with shampoo) they're not ready to come off.

Yep definitely not touching the scabs at all. I'm on day 7 now, post op instructions say to gently wash and massage on day 8 so will be attempting that nervously tomorrow.

I agree...just follow the post-op instructions that your clinic provided you. The scabs and crusting will eventually fall off and the area will look much cleaner.

Remember, your grafts will shed eventually and then the regrowth will begin after 3-4 months post-op. The waiting can be the hardest part but well worth it...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY