Asian Hair FUE Doctor in Northwest

PVD

Hi-

After another year of frustrating hair loss, I'm going to bite the bullet and look at FUE.

I have typical Chinese hair and need my hairline restored as well; I'm 42 y/o and tired of this.

I have my list down to 2 Docs/groups since I live in the Pacific Northwest:

a) Dr Gabel

b) Hasson/Wong

Who would you recommend for asian hair? There are minimal Asian examples on the webpages but given that there so few Asians in Portland, going to Vancouver my be better?

Thanks for your help!!!

Edited by PVD
added location

Both are top notch surgeons and Asian hair isn't typically difficult to work, it's not kinky or curly, usually pretty straight so any of these docs would be able to handle it. Comes down to which ones work you prefer, and which doctor you feel more comfortable with on a personal level. I personally lean towards H&W strictly because I've seen more fue work out of their clinic recently. Have you consulted with either/both?

Both are top notch surgeons and Asian hair isn't typically difficult to work, it's not kinky or curly, usually pretty straight so any of these docs would be able to handle it. Comes down to which ones work you prefer, and which doctor you feel more comfortable with on a personal level. I personally lean towards H&W strictly because I've seen more fue work out of their clinic recently. Have you consulted with either/both?

I have not consulted yet with either of them. I've chosen them because they have good aesthetic design and also seem to be more conservative in analyzing future loss. I might go Canada for exchange rate but I just wish there were more examples of Asian/Chinese hair stories with either of them.

I have not consulted yet with either of them. I've chosen them because they have good aesthetic design and also seem to be more conservative in analyzing future loss. I might go Canada for exchange rate but I just wish there were more examples of Asian/Chinese hair stories with either of them.

just because they aren't posted online does not mean there are not lots of examples. Some patients just don't like their pics online. I know when I consulted with Dr Hasson he was able to show me tons of pictures of guys with similar hair characteristics to myself so get into the office and consult with both and go from there.

I always encourage people to have consultations with the doctor and are absolutely comfortable with the doctor and their procedures. Do your homework on this website...which it looks like you’re doing. Best of luck to you. You have a lot to look forward to.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.