hair loss - crown and front hairline

Hi,

I'm 35 years old. Using Minoxidil for 10 years. I don't use Propecia (prefer not to).

Most of my hair lost is around the crown area - I guess can be "fixed" with around 2500 grafts.

Also my front hairline has some hair lost that I guess can be fixed with around 1000 grafts

The issue is as following:

I know that in several years from now, I will continue and loose more hair in my front hairline and also at crown, and therefore one advise that I got is to put my hairline as first priority and "save" as must hair as needed for the front hairline- and till then, use hair fiber to conceal my baldness.

On the other hand , its the baldness is the crown that I think is worse.

I can say that so far, I'm able to completely hide my crown baldness with 1 minute use of hair fiber (but of course, it would have a lot better if I didn't had to use concealers every day).

What do you think my tactic needs to be when considering my first hair transplant surgery ?

Stop guessing what you need and go see a doctor for a consult. Find out where your hair loss pattern will progress to, find out what your available donors are, find out your surgical options, come up with a plan.

Conventional wisdom is work your way backwards...so hairline and frontal third then mid scalp then crown in order of importance...for somebody not using fin, trying to implant to a crown that still may continue to open up is asking for trouble. It'll eat up grafts and you may end up with a halo effect as natives fall out around implanted hair. You can look into possibly smp/trico and that can reduce the contrast of scalp and hair helping to give the crown a fuller appearance without investing any donors and that helps in the short term along with fibers to provide coverage until you're given the okay by your doctor to think about crown work down the line when your hair loss is steadier or your crown region isn't full of minaturized hairs.

and stop preferring not to, try fin. It may make a big difference in your hair loss and the odds are it will have no side effects for you. If it does walk away from it. This forums got thousands upon thousands of members, never seen one complain about sides that never went away. Some did get sides, but they stopped and that was it. This irrational fear is hurting only you.

it's all about your donor and bank balance supply,

if they are plenty you can have ht treatment/s...

if not then like me you risk loosing more hair and with a low donor supply will not be able to keep up and left with possibility of hair patches, scaring and heartache.

Hair transplant some can have it, some can risk it others just can't/ shouldn't...

Family history of hair loss is a strong indication...

Actually I heard a lot about people that have used fin and it caused them a lot of side effect that made them stop using it.

I'm using minoxidil twice a day , so I guess this must be worth something close to what fin can do for me.

The option of smp/trico I haven't checked yet. I thought so far that "hair simulation" is something that is used by people that most of their head is bald and they want to simulate the appearance of very short hair cut (very small dots that will simulate hair).

My baldness is mostly at the crown area, and most of my hair has hair (and my hair cut is not short) , so I haven't thought such option can be relevant for this type of common baldness.

Hi, I'm new here, still can't open my post, so I will try to comment your..

Fin will not help you. It will only block the shedding for the time you use it, as soon as you stop, the sensitive follicles will feel of much quicker than normally.

I was on Mino for 15 years, whit good response, however I stopped 5 months ago because I plan HT. I suggest you to stay on amino if you have good results..