Male from Sydney Australia looking for a good HT surgeon

Hi there. A number of people have had very good experiences with Dr Russell Knudsen. In a few months time I'll be making a booking to have my HT consultation with him after reading numerous great reports about him. He's based in Sydney but also performs surgery in other cities including Brisbane. Just my thoughts...

JoeM

Thanks Joe and Sux2bme. I really appreciate your quick response guys.

Sux2bme, you are talking about Ray Woods. I will make an appointment tomorrow to see him. Have you had any procedures by Ray?

Looking at both websites, I understand that Ray Woods does the extraction method (donor site) compared to the strip excision which is performed by Russel Knudsen. Despite the inconvenience of shaving the donor area before extraction, I think it's better for the long term...minimum scaring.

Thanks again guys icon_smile.gif

hello lokingforsolution, it sounds like you are quite new to the world of hair transplants. I sense that you are very eager to do something about it quickly.. I was the same. My best advice to you is to really read through this and other forums to get a feel for what is achievable and which dr is best for your needs. I would research the forums thoroughly before even going in for a consult with a dr because then you are armed with important questions that you still have and there will be much less chance of you going through a procedure hastily. I don't know much about woods or Knudsen so can't comment on them but there are plenty of ruthless dr's out there that are extremely skilled at conning people into procedures and then totally ruining their lives with botched jobs... be careful and take your time.

lookingforsolution,

We would love to be able to recommend a quality surgeon in Australia. However, at this time, we haven't seen enough of any surgeon's work recently to consider anyone for recommendation.

As others have already pointed out, you are encouraged to research thoroughly all surgeons you are considering. To see a list of who we recommend, click here. To see our high standards for recommendation, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

lookingforsolution,

We would love to be able to recommend a quality surgeon in Australia. However, at this time, we haven't seen enough of any surgeon's work recently to consider anyone for recommendation.

As others have already pointed out, you are encouraged to research thoroughly all surgeons you are considering. To see a list of who we recommend, click here. To see our high standards for recommendation, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Why is that you have not seen enough of Australian surgeons? Not good enough? Too far from the US?

LookingFor,

Halo mate! This is just a guess and I haven't done a search, but the 2 Aussie doctors probably aren't reccomended here because they either haven't made the effort or taken the time to post consistent before/after photos on this site. If they have posted alot of detailed before/after photos then you should be able to compare their results to other to assist in your decision. There's no harm in visiting either of these doctors but since you're not getting large quanitities of patient feedback on them such as you would here with a coalition doctor just make sure you so some extra homework with them. Ask to see many many detailed before after results. Ask for some patients that you could speak with to see the results first hand and make sure you do some searches to see how much positive feedback you can find versus negative. If you can't find any feedback then that's somewhat of a red flag as well.

Regarding your options of FUE vs Strip. I think most will agree that the notion of not having a scar is nice, BUT I think most will also agree that FUE is best for folks with not so much hair loss (NW 3 or so). If you're NW 4+ and need alot of grafts it seems that the consistency of great results is less for FUE cases than strip. Hopefully that will change as FUE extraction methods become more advanced. Some claim of great advancements in FUE but until we see doctors demonstate consistent/quality resutls of large # of graft FUE cases and show numerous before/after photos of the results then I think it will be second to strip for large graft #'s.

Take your time in making a decision and make sure you talk to some coalition Dr's and compare their result to the Aussie Dr's. This is decision you'll be living with for a lifetime so it needs to be made with alot of thought and research put into it. If you're a great candidate and you get a top notch job done by a great/ethical Dr. you'll be very happy and ahead of the game. If you make a rush judgement and get a not so good result you'll then be behind the 8 ball and have to then get a great Dr. to get you to a great result.

Best of luck to you down under!

Lookingforsolution,

Flyby gave you an excellent answer.

I've been in touch with several doctors in Australlia and even invited them to present their work on this forum to be considered for recommendation. Some have expressed interest, some were not, and others seemed reluctant. Each surgeon has their own reason.

Therefore, we can't recommend doctors we don't know enough about and haven't gone through our private screening and public review process. However, there are a number of doctors recommended on this site with plenty of examples of their work presented and plenty of patient testimonies.

Best wishes in your search,

Bill