decision

wheretogo

Hi guys,

over 41 years old, hairloss for a decade, never used minoxidil or pills and i don't want to

use pills at all. have decided it's about time to have a HT, i narrowed it down to some

surgeons and i need your help to decide.

Dr Maras from HDC, Dr Bisanga from Belgium, Dr Lupanzula from Belgium and

Dr Feriduni from Belgium.

every one of them put out beautiful work, really need help here.

thank you

oh yea :)

of course ideally i wanted to finish it with one session but i understand that it's not recommended to harvest more than 3000-3500 grafts in one treatment so i will have to do 2 HT.

my hair is wavy, is that a problem?

the plan is after the HT is to take biotin and something called MSM (hope that's the name of it) to give a boost to the hair and use simple roller with minoxidil 5% to hopefully give a minimal coverage to the crown.

IMG-20180109-WA0001.thumb.jpg.a5835d406cb949e519e31e3a0756f202.jpg

IMG-20180109-WA0000.thumb.jpg.d979ce6f8b69e6a8f0a26a146e83c1bb.jpg

IMG-20180109-WA0002.thumb.jpg.4236144b8cf4dc5372738a8e91fced49.jpg

oh yea :)

of course ideally i wanted to finish it with one session but i understand that it's not recommended to harvest more than 3000-3500 grafts in one treatment so i will have to do 2 HT.

my hair is wavy, is that a problem?

the plan is after the HT is to take biotin and something called MSM (hope that's the name of it) to give a boost to the hair and use simple roller with minoxidil 5% to hopefully give a minimal coverage to the crown.

3500 grafts should keep you going for a number of years. Your hair looks fine and your donor looks thick so no issues there. You appear to be an ideal candidate for hair transplant surgery.

Not so sure about your crown strategy, you'll have to wait and see.

Good luck to you

You should get some growth with minoxidil and derma roller on the crown. Just be careful with the derma roller, particularly after your HT. To be honest, i wouldn't use it until the grafts have started to grow. MSM will make the hair grow faster. Biotin will thicken it a bit and you'll have to cut your nails more often..

HDC seem to produce excellent results and the post surgery pictures are very clean and neat. I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the surgeons you have listed. Do your research well..

thanks for the replay guys. with the roller i meant just the crown area where there are no grafts, should i buy the cheapest one?

everything about this issue is making me really nervous, i'm afraid to make a mistake, maybe i should go for a FUT instead of FUE and with that way i could do all the scalp at the same time, will there remain scars with FUE?, what will happend if it won't be that good?.

i think that my expectations are too high, i'm imaging bountiful wavy hair in the front, i never liked going with short hair, maybe after the second treatment?. is there a problem with wavy hair?.

what will happend one year from the HT with the hair between the front and the crown, will it be loss too? i will have to fill that space up too along with the crown and how would i know that i have enough grafts in the donor area?

how to prevent shockloss?, i'm not going to take pills at all, is it still worth doing the HT?

freaking out a bit

Edited by wheretogo

Your wavy hair will benefit you when it comes to coverage. Wavy hair as it interlocks together is much better than straight hair at covering bald scalp.

You have quite a large/wide expanse of crown loss, but it is the type of loss that is mostly seen from above. It's barely visible from the back and your donor looks good. So positive things there, but you would need a lot of grafts to give adequate coverage to the entire balding area. A procedure focused towards the front will diminish the look of the entire balding area but typically a person with your degree of hairloss would get the best result with a larger FUT procedure. I'm guessing your preference is FUE, though?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hey Mattj,

thanks for your response and yea i'm going to do FUE surgery with Dr Maras of HDC, i don't want that scar from behind.., the plan is to put around 3000 grafts (i want more but i guess it depends at the donor area).

of course i would prefer doing this with one session and fill the crown too, but i get it's not recommended for the donor area.

i was planning taking minoxidil 5% after the HT with roller, but now i read somewhere at the forum it's got sexual side effects too?, so maybe i will pass that too and just use roller on my head with biotin and MSM because like you said you can't really see the crown from behind, just from above so i will proceed like that until the next HT. to buy cheap roller?, does it matter?.

what do you think?

I too have heard those rumours about Minoxidil and sexual side effects. I don't buy it. The sexual side effects of Fin are quite widespread and real, while the rumours regarding Minoxidil are just murmurs despite Minoxidil being a much more widely used drug. Maybe there are some people out there with very real side effects of that kind, but they must be extremely rare.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com