Dr. Arocha 3700 FUT Updated-11 months post procedure

The pics and results look awesome! However, I have one concern though, I think 3700 grafts in such a small area is just way too aggresive. I mean it looks like an Armani Hairline. The patient looks to be relatively young and could have future loss. With 3700 in such a tiny area he's gone through almost half of the donor reserve which is only about 6000-8000 grafts anyway. Just my opinion.

hair_care and Severn,

Thank you for your kind words about how awesome and good the pics and more importantly the results are. I am sure that my patient appreciates that, not to mention I. hair_care thanks also for the compliment to my patient about looking young, he is nearly 40. Sound hair restoration is often very rejuvenating. Regarding the placement of the hairline, this hairline is very appropriately placed, as a matter of fact, it is very conservative. It is above where suggested by DaVinci's rule of thirds, at or above the 'shingling' point, and in-line with the line that goes from the ear lobe and through the temple point to where the hairline should be. At nearly 40, without crown hair loss, or family history of the same, with severe frontal and temple recession there is absolutely no reason not to restore his lost. With regards to donor management, this is also not correct. This patient has a large, dense donor, and elasticity of 15-18% on the Mayer-Paul scale. Regarding your estimate of his donor available, it is also a little off. Combining FUSS and FUE he has about 12,000 intact FU available. Notice his thick luxurious hair in the back! Have a wonderful weekend gentlemen!

Very nice, and I suspect he even has some nice maturation of his hairs to continue in the coming months! It's a lot grafts, for sure, but with his age, donor, and pattern of loss I can see it being OK assuming the patient is well-versed in that he will -- potentially -- have less grafts at his disposal to densepack a different region down the line.

I would love to see more videos of your work, Dr. Arocha, whenever possible, since you seem to consistently do session sizes that can range in the uppermost-tier of extraction #s, and thus density/coverage.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Great presentation. Nice results. I also echoed the same sentiment regarding the aggressive nature of the session, but also assumed this guy was much younger. I suppose, that he is one of the luckier ones. Great donor supply was my initial thought upon seeing the pics.

But you explained this very clearly and very well I must add, with a few interesting inclusions on philosiphies and rules, that I will definately be researching to understand better. Thank you Dr Arocha.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

P.S.

How much does this guy look like Andy Garcia?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Dr. Arocha,

This is a very nice transformation in my opinon. I too would have expressed the same concern as the others however, the fact that this patient is 40 explains a lot.

Large densely packed megasessions in the hairline may not be appropriate for young patients, but they certainly can be for older ones.

Nice work as usual!

Best wishes,

Bill

Originally posted by thanatopsis_awry:

I would love to see more videos of your work, Dr. Arocha, whenever possible, since you seem to consistently do session sizes that can range in the uppermost-tier of extraction #s, and thus density/coverage.

Thanks for the request! We're actually working on producing some more videos in the near future. Shopping around for a good camera at the moment. We'll be posting them as soon as we can.

Employed by Dr. Bernard Arocha.

Dr. Arocha is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Severn,

Thanks for the kudos. I am sure the patient is happy with all the kind comments about he looking so much younger. We seem to want to be older when very young. Congratulations on your recent procedure and happy growing!

thanatopsis_awry,

You are absolutely correct, he has more maturation with thickening of the hair caliber and maybe even more growth to come. WE really appreciate you taking the time to post. Regarding the videos we are working on it, I just purchased a HD cam.

Thanks to all. I need to get back to surgery.

RajToor:

Thanks for the comments. This patient came in for a consultation at age 37, he scheduled the procedure for a few months later. The results posted on the web site state that he is 6 months post, he was 6 months post consultation, but only 4 months post-procedure. Sorry, my assistant overlooked that fact. He is now 11 months post procedure. Presently 39, but looking 20 is a good place to be! "Time stands still for no one." To grow old is a good thing, given the alternative.