Hair transplant at ahd with dr. Hakan doganay

alex84

4 hours ago, alex84 said:

Hello and thx, it is good for now, but i wish i had done more grafts...

My subjective opinion is that both of them are great doctors.

Dr. Erdogan was not the right choice for me because in more than two and a half months and 15 mails and many, many pictures and explanations i still didn't know if he will take me as a patient. I am guessing that he didn't want to take me because i have diffuse hair loss and thin donor hair so i wouldn't be an amazing result. To be honest the whole proces of selection from dr Erdogan left me feeling little bit angry and disappointed because he never gave an explanation for all the questioning. I contacted 2 other doctors and thay were satisfied with the amount of pictures,my description of my hair loss, my medical history and finally with my expectations from HT. Also, i did notice that 90% of his patients are people with small hair loss, nw2 or 3, with great thick hair on top and an amazing donor hair, and i just don't fit in there because my hair loss is little more complicated than just filling empty space with loads of hairs.

Dr. Doganay had great results, with the excepion of the year 2015, and had many similar cases of hair loss patients as my. He did ask a few questions before (about my first Ht, my other surgery) but not like dr. Erdogan, and he could book my HT when it suited me, which was very important because of my work schedule. It was easy decision for me.

Honestly, i dont know much about BHT except for the fact that Dr. Doganay does it and Dr. Erdongan doesnt.

Yeah Erdogan has since responded and rejected me for transplant lol. He's asked me to go on Finasteride for 6 months before getting back in touch with him, but I don't want to use Finasterid so I guess I'm ruling him out...

Doganay says he can do 4000 grafts, so it's quite the contrast...one saying im not a transplant patient at all and one saying I'm good for 4000 grafts!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 7/21/2018 at 1:25 AM, OzzyBoy said:

Yeah Erdogan has since responded and rejected me for transplant lol. He's asked me to go on Finasteride for 6 months before getting back in touch with him, but I don't want to use Finasterid so I guess I'm ruling him out...

Doganay says he can do 4000 grafts, so it's quite the contrast...one saying im not a transplant patient at all and one saying I'm good for 4000 grafts!!

That is good, right? It is not a contrast because dr Erdogan said that he wont do your HT, not that he couldnt do 4000grafts...

• 4 weeks later...

hair styled with just a little bit of hair fibres (compared to the amount of hair fibres used a year ago)

20180817_1709191.jpg

• 2 months later...

Before and after a haircut

100% natural keratin fibres (nanogen)

screenshot_38.png

Edited by alex84

nine months after the HT

100% natural hair (no hair fibres), after a haircut

screenshot_45.png

screenshot_46.png

screenshot_47.png

• 3 months later...

This is my 1 year result (and 20days) from 2590 graft.

It is much better than before but i did expect little bit more... i still use fibres and front still looks thin and diluted. 

screenshot_112.thumb.png.77cce9337ba37f2538eb3fdc14131d8a.pngscreenshot_113.thumb.png.cf832c0942260ad5bc423b6a27ad9729.png

• 6 months later...

Hi there! Impressive result by Dr Dogonay. I am presently looking for long term results from shortlisted doctors. Can you kindly post the present result since its been quite some time since your procedure. I will be grateful. I am considering Dr Dogonay since I find him to be a good doctor for hair restoration. Any additional feedback will be welcome. Did you take Finasteride? Are you continuing to take it?

Edited by mathur

On 9/7/2019 at 1:46 PM, mathur said:

Hi there! Impressive result by Dr Dogonay. I am presently looking for long term results from shortlisted doctors. Can you kindly post the present result since its been quite some time since your procedure. I will be grateful. I am considering Dr Dogonay since I find him to be a good doctor for hair restoration. Any additional feedback will be welcome. Did you take Finasteride? Are you continuing to take it?

Hello Mathur, i will to give you my feedback on Dr Doganay and my hair transplant. My experience is that Dr Doganay is a great and honest person and a skilled doctor. He will give you a realistic assessment and answer all of your questions but you need to ask what ever is on your mind and you need to understand your situation and the result that you can get. My result were satisfying and the op fulfilled my expectations but i do not have great hair, it is not perfect. I would need the second op for it to be the way i would be satisfied for the rest of my life. 

Op with Dr Doganay:

cca 2500 grafts, i wanted more, he said enough, all transplanted hair is still there but some of my original hair has fallen off, lowered my hair line, filled my frontal and mid part with hair, looks good but not enough density to stile the hair without microfibre, with micro fibre great, with a 1000-1500 grafts it would be great but all in all for my first real HT results are very good.

Meds:

not using anything but 1/4 of proscar (fin), minox no way (itchy and scratchy show, dandruf etc), nanogen hair serum is great but you need to use it constantly and for a long time so i stopped

20 months

Hair still there, looking ok, some of my orig hair has fallen of so my hair loss hasn't stopped but i am still taking fin, contemplating another small ht. Last pic is with hair fibre.

screenshot_195.png.92270b54da5ab19d412a980fcbfe3fed.pngscreenshot_196.png.2e7aad994d1161d98f501f2f804e8859.pngscreenshot_197.png.2f1bda926175e2e21e49df94e1822653.png   screenshot_198.png.72f8e613d0086f0c5393b62a643dde96.png