Tiny stubble 11 weeks post op,, dead grafts?

Hey all,

Since 1.5 to 2 months post op, I have noticed tiny stubble in my transplanted region (the crown). These are not grafts, but probably remnants of the grafts, i'm not sure. They are like 1mm in length and are very tiny. When i run my fingers over them, they feel like very small stubble, almost like thick beard hair cut short.

The thing is now that I am 11 weeks post op, the hairs are still the same length, although i feel quite more of them have cropped up.

Are these new hairs that have yet to grow? or are they dead grafts, or the remnants of fallen out grafts? Hoping to get an answer because it is worrying me in the sense that I am hoping these hair will grow and not stay the same length.

Attaching a picture of how it looked 8 weeks post op.

5b32f73283fdd_Screenshot2017-11-2911_24_29.png.bf6f5530e35bd6359aaafb81e4259e19.png

You say you're at 11 weeks, so If I had to guess I'd say it's probably your new grafts just starting to surface. They may look like they're not growing in length, but they probably are (albeit slowly)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Hey Ernie,

Thats the thing, I am at 11 weeks post op, but the picture is from 8 weeks post op. I know transplanted grafts do not grow that quick.

Also as I've read, the transplanted grafts grow in very thin and wispy initially. The ones I have are like thick coarse stubble. Like what you would feel from a shaved head.

(They are also not graft length which is usually a few mm, these ones are smaller)

Not sure what to make of it, are they native hair coming through? Do native hair come in thick like this. The thing is their growth is very very slow, I doubt they even are growing because I feel them to be the same length from a few weeks back. But yeah I do feel more of them lately.

I'm not sure it is regrowth of transplant hair. Regrowth and at 11 weeks post op, that too in the crown, i'd be in the 0.1% of early growers which is highly unlikely.

So I'd just like to know if anybody else noticed something like this and if it turned out alright.

Are these dead grafts, remnants of broken grafts fallen out(?), or is the native hair poking through.

Thanks

Here's what mine looked like a couple of weeks after surgery(in extremely harsh sunlight). You can definitely see the same black dots here. I've been told that everyone's progress occurs at different rates, so it's probably nothing to worry about.

Though if you are concerned you should consult your surgeon. Who was it by the way?

IMG_0560.thumb.jpg.72f7468bef1683d31d4877a9faf0b12d.jpg

kuboid,

Just like other members, I'd also suggest that the stubble you are seeing are new grafts breaking through. Of course, I don't know for sure, but grafts can start growing earlier than 3 months and if so, then you are one of the lucky ones :-).

Just keep your eye on it and see what happens. I'd take photos of the area so you can compare month to month.

Best wishes,

Bill

I'm 7 weeks post-op from my FUE with Dr. Konior and I'm experiencing the same thing. Little stubby hairs that seem to have grown in just a bit, and at a different rate than the surrounding native hairs.

I attached a photo, there are a bunch of these stubby hairs in the temple that you can see. I'm not worried about it, I think it's normal for grafts to grow in at different paces and thickness. And I've seen plenty of photos of "early growers" showing these types of hairs sprouting through.

IMG_0054.jpg.072caa7a109a7176e8686ef1d14bf5f3.jpg

So my doctor has said that this seems like miniaturized donor hair or transected grafts but also said that it could not be since transected grafts were not placed neither were miniaturized donor hair.

Not sure what to make of them now. It is quite concerning.

• 3 years later...