Dr Resul Yaman - 4300 Grafts - October 2017

Your hair line looks fine. Not too aggressive, not too conventional. It is perfect. You will look perfect with this even when you are 50.

Regarding future hair loss; I'm sure you still have at least another 2K grafts left at your donor area. So even if your crown gets thinner as you get older, you could always get a second surgery to fill it. And then you will be set for life ;)

Thanks again Turk, I feel the same way. Finasteride has always worked really well for me too, so I hope I’ll be lucky enough to not experience excessive hair loss in future now. Fingers crossed anyway!

Have you had a HT yourself?

I think there are bigger issues than you're imagining. When you start thinning out on top and in the crown when you're older, it will look really unnatural to still have hair at the front like that.

I do agree that this hairline is too aggressive, not a lot of thought has gone into the long term which the surgeon should be guiding you on.

This is what surprises me: someone who don't know the story, the details on his family history etc, tries to be a prophet and writes nonsenses as "unnatural" "too aggressive", "bigger issues".

His pics looks really cool. Congrats!

So Superdudeo say something nice, or just be quiet.

This is what surprises me: someone who don't know the story, the details on his family history etc, tries to be a prophet and writes nonsenses as "unnatural" "too aggressive", "bigger issues".

His pics looks really cool. Congrats!

So Superdudeo say something nice, or just be quiet.

If you think this forum is people jerking each other off, I've got news for you.

I won't continue the discussion as the OP has stated his desire not to turn this into something else. I will say the work and hair line design is excellent. I do have an issue with these mega FUE sessions though and their likely impact on patient in the long term and I don't think they should be held up to newcomers as a shining example.

I won't continue the discussion as the OP has stated his desire not to turn this into something else. I will say the work and hair line design is excellent. I do have an issue with these mega FUE sessions though and their likely impact on patient in the long term and I don't think they should be held up to newcomers as a shining example.

Like I said, genuinely appreciate all the feedback, and especially those kind words above.

OP you should've asked for this. Punch out your natural hair line and have them placed at the back of your head or something :D I'm sure you would've looked just fine when you were 80 years old

waw.jpg.47928edd5140dfa4611d8c9dc96e3111.jpg

Edited by Turk

Thanks again Turk, I feel the same way. Finasteride has always worked really well for me too, so I hope I’ll be lucky enough to not experience excessive hair loss in future now. Fingers crossed anyway!

Have you had a HT yourself?

Yes my friend I had mine just 2 months ago. I've a low hairline by nature (at least what I've kept of it till now) just like yourself. However the problem with my new hairline is; its going to be too straight for my likings. I wish I had it done like yours (you know more of a V shape) But whats done is done I can not do anything but wait for the outcome. If I don't like it, I will get it fixed. It's not end of the world you know. Its 2018 and I've seen miraculous repair HTs. Besides I don't think mine would be hard to fix so I'm not stressing about it that much :o

Edited by Turk

OP you should've asked for this. Punch out your natural hair line and have them placed at the back of your head or something :D I'm sure you would look just fine when you are 80 years old

Lol... Silly me!! That hairline is on point ??

Where did you get your HT done mate? Sure it’ll look lovely when all grown in.. I’m with you though, nothing to panic about either way, just be positive and see how it ends up. I feel great about mine, but if any more work is needed this time next year I’ll jist consider the options and keep going...

Hi DreadPirateRoberts. You're progressing well. In a month or two, you probably won't need the nanogen anymore.

Am on the same time line as you and doing ok. I did FUT and seeing results like yours, I sometimes think if I should have insisted on an FUE instead. :-)

OP you should've asked for this. Punch out your natural hair line and have them placed at the back of your head or something :D I'm sure you would look just fine when you are 80 years old

Come on, do not exaggerate. The tone of the comment was maybe not the best but the content is at least a point of discussion.

If you hairline is created below the 1/3 mark (which it appears to be the case here) it is aggresiv per defenition. If it is done on a rather youg Patient with > 4000 grafts it is very aggresive.

It is just fair to ask if this was discussed with the clinic and how the future is considered. It is also fair to ask if other clinics where asked for a second opinion. That it looks fine right now is out of question.

Example: I have a similiar low hairline from nature and while being older and have a similiar or even better donor. Nevertheless, 2 of 3 clinics recommended strictly to be more conservative (and I required less grafts for a similiar hairline). The 3rd clinic was open for dicusssion.

Can't you see they did NOT lower OP's hair line? Agressive-Conservative debate does not apply to this case.

I don't know what those clinics told you but I don't think it is smart idea to 'higher' a natural hairline. I mean even if it's possible. Who the f*** does that? :confused:

You say low hairlines might look weird when you are older. First of all, OP's hairline is not really low. It's a perfectly normal hairline. Between 5.5cm-6.5cm (sorry for the metric system) is considered normal not low.

Besides, have you ever seen an old person with a low hairline? I have... It looks great! Just google.

Man, you are either ugly or good looking lol. Your hairline being 5.5cm or 6.5cm does not really make a difference on that.

Still, let's say they gave OP a more conservative hairline (which wouldn't have looked natural on him anyway). How many grafts do you think he would've saved? 500 or 1k? Do you think It would make a huge difference in the future? I don't think so.

If he grows that 4k grafts with high survival rate. He probably won't need that 1k that he could've saved. Even if he DOES, I'm sure he still has at least 2k in the bank ;) Plus OP has stated he was on propecia before and it worked out well for him. He also said if he kept losing hair, he would start taking it again. PROBLEM = SOLVED.

I do not understand why some of you guys are pretending like OP is destined to be a NW7 in the future while he is clearly not. I think some people here confuse negativity with reality.

If you have a low hairline like OP and a stronger donor as you say then I would say go for aggressive hairline. Aggressive = beautiful.

Can't you see they did NOT lower OP's hair line?

Yes, I have seen it and also gave an example of a similar case (low hairline, good donor, even older in age) where 2 out of 3 clinics gave a different recommendation. Myself.

I don't know what those clinics told you but I don't think it is smart idea to 'higher' a natural hairline. I mean even if it's possible. Who the f*** does that?

Seriously? Almost everyone who has hairloss gets a hairline higher that his natural one. And here we are talking about severe hair loss at a young age. The only questions is: How much hair of the hairline is left.

You say low hairlines might look weird when you are older. … If you have a low hairline like OP and a stronger donor as you say then I would say go for aggressive hairline. Aggressive = beautiful.

No, I never said that. Many people say that a low hairline doesn’t look well at higher age. I do not (!) agree with this. I say: The risk to benefit ratio is just poor. You gain little benefit and risk an open crown and/or thin donor.

Between 5.5cm-6.5cm (sorry for the metric system) is considered normal not low.

I am from Europe and do not have an issue with the metric system but: 5.5 cm is low and more important the a length in cm is the 1/3 rule. This is one is below, hence it is aggressive.

Man, you are either ugly or good looking lol. Your hairline being 5.5cm or 6.5cm does not really make a difference on that.

Still, let's say they gave OP a more conservative hairline (which wouldn't have looked natural on him anyway). How many grafts do you think he would've saved? 500 or 1k? Do you think It would make a huge difference in the future? If he grows that 4k grafts with high survival rate.

Well, you are saying it yourself: There is no big benefit (I like to add: particular when you are older) in a very low hairline. Then why go for a low one? And 1000 grafts is a lot! If you have only body or beard left to fill the crown you need +2000 body hair grafts to replace the missing grafts. That is huge and not only financially. And with such an strong loss at his age it happens easily that he needs more: What if FIN stops to work? What if he has poor growth (happens to any clinic)?

Summary: I do not say this will be a bad result or bad looking. Not at all. I just say that it is a risky path. If it works out (and it looks like that, but it is early), great. But it is worth discussiong the risk especially for other patients who read this thread.

Gasthoerer,

Risk-wise you have a point and I understand that. I truly do. Because I made that mistake myself. An aggresive-straight hairline while I'm still losing hair... And I regret it now. Having nightmares over it!

But I still don't think it applies to this case. If you look at OP's hair line, it's V shaped. (like widows peak?) It starts low but goes higher on temples.

Anyway if his hairline was brought forward, It would've been more straight. What I meant by his 'natural hairline' was that the hairline he kept before HT.

Judging by his before photos, he had a strong hairline. It wasn't totally gone. He kept most of it. I still don't think they could make it any higher. How could they raise a hairline that is there already?

Anyway no hard feelings. I know I sound like an ass sometimes. I hope I didn't offend you in any way. Let's hope it works out well for OP! ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys... Herewith another update at approx 6 months since my HT with Dr Yaman.

I’ve attached 4 pics taken just now, freshly washed and with no product at all in. Took them wet and dry, not sure if that helps anyone at all lol but thought it may show the results better overall.

So far I’m really pleased, will continue to keep updating every 8 weeks or so...

Have a good weekend.

BB2D0DAA-9F03-4816-8272-7F059B7719F0.thumb.jpg.ebf72b7a714b873720ae7266f03e6845.jpg

9F2A426F-18D7-4C96-862D-929F862792D7.thumb.jpg.5b2736ca9091d65ab5c9c48fd780c934.jpg

283E2B3A-0900-4D12-B992-65B3074A56F3.thumb.jpg.188b599d976baa9e6986dd8f01a03a27.jpg

9DE83CE4-950C-4651-A2C8-6DF6D86EA6A5.thumb.jpg.97ebd800e3fd75751d26300f81da2668.jpg

• 4 years later...