Removing unwanted hair

Eagle10

Hello,

About 15 years ago I had grafts put into my hairline. The hairline moved up so now I have marrooned grafts below the hairline. I've tried electrolysis about 7-10 times and the hair still grows, finer, but still there to notice because it's a line.

I've tried tweezing, but both electrolysis and tweezing leads to a red forehead and even skin infections.

I've tried camoflauge with makeup but people notice that.

The hairs are fine now, but still noticeable. A handrazor leaves stubble and a noticeably red scalp (and possibly inflamed skin).

Does anyone have any experience with some of these chemicals that women use to remove hair on their arms or legs? Would it work or would it also inflame the skin. If you have some experience with something other than electrolysis or laser, that works to remove it, please let me know. I'm interested in any safe and effective method.

Thanks,

Eagle10

Hello,

About 15 years ago I had grafts put into my hairline. The hairline moved up so now I have marrooned grafts below the hairline. I've tried electrolysis about 7-10 times and the hair still grows, finer, but still there to notice because it's a line.

I've tried tweezing, but both electrolysis and tweezing leads to a red forehead and even skin infections.

I've tried camoflauge with makeup but people notice that.

The hairs are fine now, but still noticeable. A handrazor leaves stubble and a noticeably red scalp (and possibly inflamed skin).

Does anyone have any experience with some of these chemicals that women use to remove hair on their arms or legs? Would it work or would it also inflame the skin. If you have some experience with something other than electrolysis or laser, that works to remove it, please let me know. I'm interested in any safe and effective method.

Thanks,

Eagle10

I have read that electro-epilation works very well in removing transplanted hair.. One person I read had the same problem and he had excellent results using this method..He also mentioned he had no scarring as well.

Maybe someone else will give some more feedback on this topic..

I used Nair like twice I think on my patch of chest hair. Aside from the fact that doing that makes me a douchebag, it doesn't work too well either. First problem: the stuff smells FAWKIN AWFUL. Then, you have to leave it on long, like really long before it starts to remove the hairs. And what I noticed is that it essentially leaves you with a stubbly look, as if you had just shaved.

It claims to be a product that removes the hair below the skin, but it doesn't work that way in my experience (even though it is advertised as such). You might have better luck with it since your hair has been weakened and I think the stuff is probably intended for light/fine women's body hair.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Eagle10,

Have you considered reparation work to remove the grafts (along your old hairline) surgically and re-implant them into your new desired hairline? Just a suggestion.

take care...

Thanks a lot for the info. guys. I appreciate it. MMHCE, would there be scars left on the forehead that in turn would have to be covered up with makeup? Have you had that done or know someone who has? Send a pic if you do. I appreciate it.

Mp96, what is electro-epilation? Is it the same as electrolysis? Thanks again.

Eagle10 what type of electrolysis was used in order to remove the hair? Generally there are two methods use most often today (three in total), thermolysis or blend. Blend generally has a higher kill rate and I would definitely suggest you try that out as I know people who have had their plugs removed by this method. As far as the scarring goes it's hard to say but I have noticed that blend causes less inflammation.

Mp96: what is electro-epilation? I don't think I have ever heard of this and would be interested in knowing about it.

Now why are plugs harder to remove? I have read it's because they are implanted deeper than the native hairs in order to ensure a better blood supply, but would this also apply to grafts? Are they also harder to remove. I was told that it was the same as removing native hairs.

It's me MP96 is talking about. I'm from germany, got 500 minigrafts in 2006 and started to remove these grafts with electro epilation. In three sessions we removed about 200 grafts, some grafts need a second or third therapy to die and fall out. The root of a hair gets an electrical impulse which makes them desolate. In my case it worked very well!

Thank you Sonia and MMHCE. I appreciate it and am continuing to look at all the possibilities.

MMHCE, the graft removal information from Dr. Shapiro was very interesting.

2 questions: Did you have it done or have you seen it done and did it look good?

I don't know if what I had done was grafts or plugs. (it was 1993 or 1994. Can old plugs be punched out of the forehead, too or is it only grafts, or are they the same thing?

Thanks!

Eagle10

Sorry Eagle10, I have not seen it done, first hand.

Both plugs and grafts can be removed and transferred to another point. Plugs, I believe are larger and may have to be cut down to size.

How they will put up with the trauma of another transfer is something you will have to discuss with your surgeon.

take care...

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't *laser* removal vastly superior to electrolysis, especially with the new machines currently out there and the people who have mastered the craft? I can't imagine laser can't be done to the hairline considering the various other places they put it to work on....icon_smile.gif

I don't recall the exact company(s), but I've heard some electronic hair-tweezer contraptions really do an amazing job, are easy to use, and aren't terribly painful.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!