Diffuse hair HT?

Hello I’m booked with Dr Erdogan next month for hairline restoration I’m probably a NW2.5

Part of my hairline is diffused on one side, I was wondering when the Dr is transplanting hairs into that area will he remove the diffuse hairs and place “safe” hairs in their place, as I assume they will fall out in the near future anyway and leave the transplant area with less density?

1BCF6C13-C76A-4D94-8809-1154CE8B2C28.thumb.jpg.44a1af590916e3c8defb37de54551eac.jpg

It is extremely unlikely that any doctor would remove any diffused native hair to make room for grafts. Even though that native hair may be in a diffused state, they are still providing some degree of visual coverage.

You can always go back and have more grafts added when the diffused hair eventually falls out.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

We tend to use the term 'diffuse' to refer to thinning across the entire balding area, but most people who have hairline recession do have diffuse loss in the frontal zones. So what I'm saying is, there is nothing unusual or challenging that I can see about your hairloss pattern.

No decent hair transplant surgeon removes hairs - they plant transplanted hairs around those native (existing) hairs. The native hairs will continue to provide density until they are lost. After that you'll still have a good result.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Clearly there is a difference between a diffused thinning pattern as compared to a recessionary pattern of hair loss.

And I agree that anyone who has MPB is experiencing some of both although it's usually one or the other that seems to be the more prominent pattern.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

It's deemed a dicey proposition to any ethical surgeon to tap into a depleted donor, whether that depletion is from previous surgeries or on account of some unfortunate physiological realities such as thinning.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

The key word being ethical.

Gillenator

There is no such thing as a Norwood 2.5, I’d put you as a Norwood 3a as yout temporal peeks have moved back and your frontal section is thinning with deep recession at the temples, that said you Havnt showed your crown either, also no top surgeon is going to remove your hairs and replace them with donor hairs tats crazy talk man common,

Have you done enough research before you go ahead with your surgery? Please make sure you do because yes you will loose more hair over the years you could also loose some of your native hair after surgery to shock loss which can be permanent, I don’t want you rush into something that your be dissapointed with, if I was you I’d hold off for now and continue of meds to maintain for a while your hair loss is not major atm.

Whoever drew on that hairline has no idea sorry mate it’s too low and has no definition your 29/30 it needs to be higher and rounded looks far to feminine you will be wasting a lot of grafts for future loss going that low

It's hard to tell how low the drawn hairline is without the eyebrows being visible in the photo. Although it's possible to roughly see where the eyebrows probably are and I don't think the hairline is that low.

Additional photos are needed to give a more thought assessment.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I would agree that the evident temporal lobe recessionary loss would be more of a 3a headed to class 4.

Gillenator

More pics would be helpful.

Gillenator