Beard hair used for scalp time frame

Hi guys

Has Anyone had beard hair/ stubble transplanted into there scalp? If so does the beard hair start to sprout at the 3 to 3.5 month mark ( just like donor hair) OR does beard hair come in later? As it has a different hair growth cycle compared to donor hair?

Thanks again any answers would be helpful ??

There has been a pretty decent discussion on it already. Use 'search'. I am sure you will find more such discussions.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/176499-growth-rate-transplanted-scalp-hair-versus-growth-rate-transplanted-beard-hair.html

Edit: Lol! I just saw you are 44 posts old. I thought you were new. You obviously know how to use search already. I was not patronising, was merely guiding.

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

Mayira thanks for your great informative link and of course no offence taken at all lol. Yeah seems to me what I have read they pretty much grow in at the same time as scalp hair tbh.

The opinion is divided even among the doctors between 'at the same rate' and 'slightly slower than the scalp hair'. So yeah, nothing major even if there is going to be a difference.

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

Hi guys

Has Anyone had beard hair/ stubble transplanted into there scalp? If so does the beard hair start to sprout at the 3 to 3.5 month mark ( just like donor hair) OR does beard hair come in later? ??

Beard hair definitely takes longer to activate - in my experience (and I've got plenty) the noticeable activity starts around the 5 - 6 months mark.

Beard hair definitely takes longer to activate - in my experience (and I've got plenty) the noticeable activity starts around the 5 - 6 months mark.

Thanks for the response Gambler, so do you mean it took 5 months for the very first few transplanted beard hairs to sprout through the scalp??

Thanks for the response Gambler, so do you mean it took 5 months for the very first few transplanted beard hairs to sprout through the scalp??

Yep.......I've had a few sessions and it's consistently been around 5 months for beard hairs to start sprouting through the scalp. I've also noticed that beard hairs quite often seem to have a "rest period" before continuing to grow out. Having said that, most of mine are transplanted into scar tissue so that might be having an effect.

I second what gambler said.

I had a mega session with Dr. Umar in January of 2016, which consisted of 6500 beard, body, and the little head hair I had left from prior procedures.

I noticed that things started to really escalate for me around the 6-7 month mark. However, with beard and body hair transplantation, I noticed growth and thickening all the way up to the 18 month mark.

About my hair loss journey:

Happy Patient's Blog

I saw your video and hair loss journeyhairhope4ever WOW I think Dr Umar done something amazing with you over those 5 days you got a great head of hair out of it☝??

So you say the same as Gambler that the beard hair implanted began to sprout through the scalp at the 5 Month mark also? Or was it sooner? and by the 6/7 month mark got noticeably longer and thicker?

I’m at the 3 month and 1 week mark today so was just wondering?

I second what gambler said.

I had a mega session with Dr. Umar in January of 2016, which consisted of 6500 beard, body, and the little head hair I had left from prior procedures.

I noticed that things started to really escalate for me around the 6-7 month mark. However, with beard and body hair transplantation, I noticed growth and thickening all the way up to the 18 month mark.

About my hair loss journey:

Happy Patient's Blog