Hairloss advice

30 is a great time if you've been taking preventative treatments such as finasteride and/or mimixidl (rogaine).

A transplant is a bad move if you're not going to try preventative treatments though.

You have a receding hairline and a naturally high forehead by the looks of things in your picture.

How's your crown look?

Finasteride can be very beneficial for slowing down frontal loss and maintaining the crown and mid scalp, both before and after a transplant, making the results more dramatic and long term.

Are you in the US, have you consulted with any doctors yet or are you just beginning to educate yourself on this potential journey?

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I think you're old enough. You've been a member for 6 years now. It obviously bothers you. You shouldn't worry if other people think it effects your appearance. It's what you think.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

You always want to be as well informed as possible regarding both the rewards as well as the risks associated with HT surgery.

Ultimately, it's your own personal decision if this is something you want to do.

I think for most of us who had the procedure done, we just came to a point when our hair loss became unacceptable and decided to move forward.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY